Bulgaria Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Bulgaria
Will the weather be okay at this time of year ... we normally go to Turkey where it is generally hot and sunny.

Hi cazzholly,

The 'season' in Bulgaria traditionally begins around the mid to end of June but has been 'stretched' a bit at either end by the tour operators.

Personally, I wouldn't consider going much before the last week of June, if I was a 'sun lover' - you may also find that some of the resort facilities/restaurants, etc., are not fully open so early in the season (the Balkan Holidays brochures always have a disclaimer to this effect in their "Holiday Information" pages).
Thanks for that info Baldur ..... maybe i'll look at somewhere warmer! I did wonder why we were only looking at £1400 for 3 adults and a child in two rooms on all-inclusive for 2 weeks!!

Cazz
Just returned from holiday at Duni resort. WARNING- we booked 8 months ago with Ist choice for Royal Marina as wanted a one bed suite but informed day before hotel overbooked and ended in Pelican in 4 twin bed room!! Turns out this has happened all peak season with varying english travel agents,adding insult to injury hotelier refuses to allow you the use of the added perks of the Royal Marina Palace exclusive to there guests.
Regarding the complex, well lovely clean beach, very large complex, loads of germans geared more for them but plenty of english signs etc. Kids club alittle concerning as my 5 year old spoken to in German, and they are keen for you to leave your kid with them but no real safety plans to prevent kids wandering out of club onaccompanied onto busy complex, so we always stayed in eye shot of builing etc- kind of defeats object. Food fine, plenty of choice including fruit,salad, veg etc, HOWEVER not many chicken nuggets etc if you have a fussy kid, but our kids more than happy eating the german sausage etc & spagetti Bolognese etc. Impressed with the alcohol & cocktails! Did manage to get in Fish ala acarte absoloutely lovely! Breakfast you can have indidual ommeletes, eggs,pancakes cooked before your eyes. If going to stay at Pelican be warned not best place if unsteady on legs or have pushchairs as lots of steep steps to encounter. baby pool at Pelican freezing but big pool has some shallow area with steps and much warmer. Taxi ride cheap to Sozopol, went to old Sozopol- lovely retained culture, try the WINDMILL restaurant. In the busy newer Sozopol our friend got pickpocket by some little girl shielded by an adult! Overall Duni clean place, and you will not go short of food or drink. Any more questions please dont hesitate to ask. Despite the negative points raised a nice restful holiday.
hi

i stayed at the accompanying hotel the pelican after they overbooked the marina. we got given wristbands to use the marina though, and i was thoroughly impressed. the resort is brilliant, there are lots of activities for everyone, and there is an entertainment team who are around all the time. there is entertainment every night apart from sunday, and this is generally to a good standard. there is also a weekly beach party which is very enjoyable. the only downsides are that the hotel generally caters for germans, so the main language and sometimes the shows are in german and english, but they dont speak english as well. i didnt find this a problem however. the weather is very nice, although when we went there was 3 days of thunderstorms, although i think this may have just been the time of year. altogther though, i enjoyed my holiday very much and would definitely reccomend.
IM GOING TO ROYAL MARINA PALACE IN DUNI ON 26 AUGUST HAS THIS OVER BOOKIN BEING HAPPENNING ALOT I LIKE TO NOW WAT IT LIKE THERE COULD ANY 1 GIVE ME ANY ADVICE THANKS :D
please do not post in bold and in text style.
Fiona ht mod
hi im sorry for bold letters never done this before

Its ok Francesca! No worries!
Fiona Ht mod
has anybody been to this hotel or resort :D
greatful for any information you might have
Hi

We have one review HERE and resort reports HERE :wink:

Pippy :D
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.