Spain - Costa Dorada Discussion Forums

Discussions regarding holidays in the Costa Dorada.
Hi Glory,
this information is probably not going to be much use to you, as we didn't go in the water park, being 42 & 41years old.
But I did look at the prices, and they were 20 euros each. Which I thought were good value compared to some of the parks over here. For that price you also got to see the dolphins and other aquatic shows which I think would be entertaining and educational for a 3 year old.
I can't swear that the prices haven't gone up, as I know some attractions put their prices up in high season and we went to Pineda in May.
Would I take a 3year old in? Yes if I had plenty of cash, but if on a budget always remember the best thing a 3 year old can have is your attention and patience. Wish I had more cash, time and patience when mine were younger.
Cheers Bellana.
Also on this topic...

Is this the place where you can swim with dolphins? If so, how do you go about it?

My girlfriend really wants to do it..
All the times that i have been there you could not swim with the dolphins unless you were picked by the trainer to go in a boat and have the dolphin pull you, but it was usually kids that got picked not adults. Sorry.
Loulou
Don't think you can swim with dolphins, but i'm sure I read somewhere that you could swim with the sealions! :?
Jules
I've heard that you can swim with the dolphins somewhere In Salou...

You could do it in Tenerife last year, but we never got the chance to...
Hi Glory

Any chance you - or anyone - could give me the website address for aquapolis?? We will be in Salou in July with two 16yr old lads [oh joy!] and they are both keen to see what the water-parks etc look like.

Thanks in advance

Sam
Hi,
There is no website for Aquapolis the waterpark but there is one for Aqualeon the safari/waterpark. I dont know the direct address but if you go to http://www.salou.co.uk look for Themeparks and you will find it on there and lots more info.
Loulou
Hi all, I just had to register myself on here to let you know that yes Aquapolis IS very much a place for small children!!!! :D
I've just returned from my holidays in Salou and it was fantastic!!
We've got 3 children, aged 11, 5 and 2.5 and they all had great fun! :P
we went to the Port Aventura park and it opens til midnight so you can go after tea with the kids without worrying that they'll burn up!!
you can also rent cool single or double buggy things to save you taking your own to the theme park on the bus!

I don't think you can swim with dolphins but I can tell you that you most definitely swim with sealions at Aquapolis COS I DID!!!!!!
a must do for any person over 9yrs old!!! lasts about an hour.

If you go to Costa Caribe make sure you take plenty of euro's cos you have to rent the inflatable rings!!
we got back last night aquapolis is great for little kids its about the only place in salou that is apart from the beach, it hasa kiddies corner with different slides and tunnels, shallow pools for them to play in my thrill seaking 2 n half yr old loved it.

port aventura on the other hand is definately NOT SUITABLE for little ones unless they`re giants most rides are 1.3m and some are 1.4m our daughter screamed and cried all day to get on something, there is only a couple of rides in china and they can be funny about letting small ones on.

hope this helps someone cos we wasted alot of money there

pam xx
Pam RE: Port Adventura

Our 2 who are both under 110cm got on a lot of rides. Polynesia has children only swings and a boat, canoes and we got on sea odysea and the tami tami rollercoaster too. Tomahawk in Far west, the carousel, the bumper cars and the log flume ride. China had a few rides too. We actually found going with friends with a slighty taller child helped us find more rides this year. I would have said it was much easier to find things this time round and the 14 day pass for the price of 3 was great too.
hi jo1976

can you tell me how much it cost to swim with the sealions please

regards
yvonne
Our holiday had a Thompson rep the day after we got there so we bought our tickets from him which made it slightly cheaper!
ours cost 40 euros to swim with the sealions but i think it should have been 50
My children were aged 4 & 2 when we went a few months ago and they got on plenty of rides!?
They had a great time and really enjoyed it, although we did go at tea time every day so it wasn't hot for them and onced they'd enjoyed all the kiddie rides they crashed out and were asleep by 9pm giving us 2.5hrs to check out the bigger stuff for our 10yr old.
Dragon Khan - 8 loop coaster is a must!!!! (biggest in europe!)
hi jo1976

thanks for the info

yvonne
Just to let you know that you have to pay for rings at this waterpark, 3 euro and 6euro deposit, also for your locker, if you need 1, 3 euro and 3 euro deposit. We waited ages but they ran out! they do have a few blue rings (paid ones are yellow) so you could wait for people to hand them over, this took ages though. I think the sunbeds were 3 euro too (thought I'd warn you as you will need extra cash if you've got a large group!) They also take your photo on the way in so remember to smile!

Its a brilliant place, we really enjoyed it, the dolphins and sealions superb. Two shows a day one at 12pm and 1 at 4pm.
  • Edited by Kaz 2005-08-01 08:15:30
Hi,

Just returned from Salou yesterday - we went to Aquapolis and had a great day out. Our children are 7 and nearly 3 and both loved it. The area for little ones is brilliant - it was my 3 year olds favourite part of the holiday. I dont think you can swim with dolphins but to swim with the sea lions it costs 40e. BIG TIP - which we didnt find out till after we had been - McDondalds are giving out free childrens tickets with the happy meals which will save you 15e per child :)
Amendment to times for Dolphin shows! 12pm and 4pm! :D
dont think you can swim with the dolphins here you never could on my last visit 2003 think you can swim with the sealions though for an extra cost i know there is another waterpark called aqualeon which is further away though so might be able to swim with dolphins their
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.