Spain - Costa Dorada Discussion Forums

Discussions regarding holidays in the Costa Dorada.
aqopolis defo,thats a vote from a so called adult and 3 kids,rides are great dolphin show spectacular and a great ice cream shop on way home
whare is aqopolis as i am going next year to Salou for the 1st time and i am looking for all the good theme parks to go to with 2 girls age 8 and 14. Went to Benidorm last year and the girls loved the dolphin show and got there photo taken with them do they do that at aqopolis as well would love to get another set of photo's with them again.

From
Sharonc , Scotland
Can someone who has just came back please give me more info on the theme parks please

sharonc , scotland
Hi Sharon,

Aquopolis is in La Pineda, which is a short bus ride from Salou. You can get the bus from the front, or Plaza Europa in the middle of town. Plana (the bus company) have reps at the bus stops who can tell you which bus you need.

Aquopolis does have dolphins, and 2 years ago you could pay extra to swim with them. The water park itself was a bit old and tatty, and the queues were horrendous (Aug 06), but the rides are ok as long as you're over 1m20 in height.

We thought the water park at PortAventura was much better. It's newer, cleaner and smaller kids can go on more of the rides. There's also a lazy river, which is great fun. The food was better too.

Don't forget PortAventura itself. No trip to Salou is complete without a couple of days there. I don't know if you went to Terra Mitica when you were in Benidorm, but people who've been to both parks tell me that PortAventura is better.

HB
Thanks for that info Harry Boat and yes we did go to Terra Mitica when we were over there last year and we did not get round it all in 1 day as my older daughter was afraid that we would miss the bus back home and the thought of paying for a taxi back from Terra Mitica on a budget i had was not worth while so we left early hence the reason why we did not get round all of it .
But from what i can gather PortAventura is only a half an hour from our apartments ( Internacional 11 aparthotel) so even if we miss the last bus back we can always walk back or get a taxi as it will not be that expensive from PortAventura to Internacional 11 aparthotel . How long does it take to get to Aquopolis in La Pineda from Salou by bus and would it be cheap to get a taxi to and from there Just incase by older daughter gets worried again about the last bus back home all info would be great on this matter even if it is to just set her mind at rest
We've been to the Aquopolis twice and after our last visit I would not recommend it to anyone. Admittedly we went during the last week of opening in October 2007 but the place was run down, filthy, the toilets stank so much that my husband and son were gagging and had to change outside and the shops were all closed down. The queues were horrendous at the one and only food outlet open and that was only selling chips and coke! The water was not clean and my husband and daughter ended up with a really nasty case of the runs that floored them for a couple of days. I and my son were okay but we did'nt spend as much time as them on the rides. The dolphin show is good but we were not impressed at how much the standards had slipped from those of our last visit in 2003. The Caribe Water Park is great fun, a damn sight cleaner than Aquopolis and has an indoor pool for if you need to get the little ones out of the sun for a wee while.
thanks for the info JimnLiz will keep it in mind i will be going to the ones in salou but i was just asking as my girls would love to swim with dolphin's thats why i was asking about that park

Thank you for your help

Sharonc , Scotland
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.