America/Canada Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in America and Canada
What is the weather like in San Fran in August?
hi, we have booked to go to florida sept/oct, but am now a little worried as i have read that this is the season for hurricanes. would love to hear from anyone who has been at this time of year, and what their experiances were, whether good or bad. thanks
hi caziann :lol: ,we have been 3 times in october, 98,01 and 03.apart from the first time(tropical storm first night)the weather has been fantastic.sorry,don't know about sept as never been,hope this helps :)
thanks for that, its just that most of the posts ive read for september people mention the hurricanes.
We've been there twice in September and had great weather both times. However one time we were the last flight to leave Orlando before a big hurricane hit and that was on 24th September.

luci :wave
Hi,

I have been twice, both holidays were in September... 2004 and 2005. The weather for both was fine (we were also aprehensive after reading we had chosen to go in hurricane season!). It was neither too hot, nor too cold, shorts and t-shirts/vests were fine.

However, we did have a hurricane on the second holiday and I think this is one and the same as mentioned in a post above. It lasted overnight (extremely wet and windy) but didnt cause us any major problems. We were due to go home a few days later but we just went to WalMart and got ourselves some supplies - water, candles, bread, milk etc just to keep us going really... oh and books/puzzles to keep us occupied in case the electric was lost (which it wasnt). If you are worried there is always someone you can contact about what to get or do etc.

We've just booked to go again this year... this time in October so hopefully the weather will still be fine :wink:
Hi we're going to orlando the 1st two weeks in June what's the weather likelyto be like ?
Generally June is recorded to be the month which gets the most rain as it is the start of the hurricane season but saying that my brother went there for 2 weeks in June a few years back and had NO rain at all! I went the following year and had a week of rain in the afternoon almost every day but still really, really hot (30C/90F). It seemed to always be nice and sunny in the morning so we made sure to do the water parks/sunbath in the morning and then go on out in the afternoon.

See the weather forecast on yahoo site for some info on records and averages for each month
Hi,

I am travelling to America (New York) for the first time this year. We are there 25th Aug - 31st Aug. Could you give me an idea of the type of weather to expect whilst im there?

Thanks,

Kate :)
It's usually sunny in New York city in August - (around 23c/82f). If you look on http://weather.yahoo.com/climo/USNY0998_c.html this will show you some average temperatures for each month.
Me and my boyfriend are traveling to florida in july what will the weather be like?
does any one know what the weather is like at the end of nov beginning of dec?
oh yes sorry orlando kissemme area mainly
Hello, my family are looking at booking a holiday to Florida in February and we are wondering does anybody know what the weather will be like at that time of year? Is it Hurricane season?

We were also thinking about doing a 7 day cruise around the Carribean, does anybody know what kind of weather to expect there?

Thank you to anybody that can help

xxx :D
you will have obviously have read my earlier panic notes left here - can anyone tell me what the weather is like at the end of august early september - i have heard its hurricane season????
i'm afraid you will be there in hurricane season we went 3 yrs ago and end of August for 2 weeks had a hurricane and had to stay in for 3 days!! just returned and weather was much better not as hot and very little rain
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.