Spain - Canary Islands - Gran Canaria Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Gran Canaria.
Marina Suites
48 Posts
I went in June 2005 and no they don't have entertainment in the evenings.
They do have an entertainer of sorts she comes on the microphone a few times a day and organises darts tournaments and table football games etc she also does spanish lessons and water aerobics, it's only her and she's really nice and works very hard (speaks about 5 languages). Apart from that there is no organised entertainment , I would say the restaurant is geared for couples we did see some families in there but we took our 10mth baby and felt a bit uncomfortable so we had take-away pizza from there other nights (we were HB). The staff at breakfast were REALLY friendly always coming over to chat to us and playing with the baby I think most of the disapproving looks came from other british adults, who if they don't like it might want to consider an adults only hotel next time!!!
We have booked to go back next year as my hubby loved the marina views.
i want to book marina suites any sugestions

EDIT: Naresh ... I have merged your enquiry with this existing topic. Your previous post is on page 1 of the topic.
David HT Mod
brilliant apartments you can go throu first choice or eclipse or you can use this http://www.islascanariastours.com/cgi-bin/rez60load.pl?1058/ab1058.html very good and a lot cheaper than operators

you will have to book seperate flights and transfers but they can provide the transfers and they are very good and well reccomended used them myself
Can anyone tell me if it's possible to keep an apartment at the Marina Suites for a late check-out, and if you can, how much does it cost?
The flight back to Gatwick doesn't leave Gran Canaria until about 1.30am and I don't fancy hanging around with no facilities for showering, changing etc all afternoon and night!
I'm heading to the Marina Suites with a one year old in 4 weeks. Can anyone tell me whether they have cots at the apartments or will I need to bring one?

Also whats the facilities like for cooking in the apt. and are there shops close by to get the basic for a baby dinner!!

Are there good footpaths around the apts for a buggy?

Is the pool area child friendly or will we be frowned upon with a noisy baby?
have stayed in marina suites 3 times now and have a wealth of info on them for anyone wishing info

marina suites http://rab.c.fotopic.net/c337618.html

firebrick
Marina suites sound great but what is the best view to ask for - pool, sea or marina ? which gets the morning and which gets the evening sun ?
Wish someone would answer Sue's qestion as we've booked for next year, and asked a sea view, curious now as to whether it is in fact the best option.
Definately have to say marina view is the best the pool view is quite restricted and you don't have the breathtaking view of practically the entire resort! The best rooms to get are floor 7,8 or 9 and you want a room from 15 upwards really or you'll be looking more over the boat yard dry dock area so go for 715+, 815+ or 915+. The balconys facing the marina get the sun in the afternoon. Hope this helps.
Going to the Marina suites in April with our 2 boys aged 3 and 6 and my inlaws. They have stayed here twice before and it's on their recommendation that we are staying here.

Looking forward to being so close to the beach but worried there won't be enough to do for the boys as I know it's not geared towards kids.

Are there any playgrounds nearby?
There is a large park/playground area with swings, slides,tennis courts, mini adventure golf and some kind of mini quad bike things, but it's not terribly close it's on the walk from the marina suites up to the yumbo commercial centre you need to walk out of the marina suites towards the beach and then follow the road round and up to the spa supermarket, carry on walking up this road and you will come to the park area and mcdonalds and then the shops, if you want to go everyday it might be better for you to grab a cab up to the shopping area and then walk back through this area. Hope this helps and have a fab holiday we're going back in sept 2006.
What can I say
we went there in June 2005 and it was banging, peurto rico was full of nighlife and we have booked again for June 2006
THE best hotel i have ever stopped in
cya
the lads from Wigan
Also went there in June this year.

beautiful apartments. We had a Marina view and got the afternoon sun, very hot!

I would say they are the nicest views.

You will really enjoy the aprtments and what they offer, personally we hated Puerto Rico, thought it was a dump. Most evenings we got a taxi to Puerto Mogan which was beautiful. The best eating places are there too. It is very quiet in the evenings, no one trying to seel you watches etc etc or pull you into their bars and shops.
Hi All,

Could anyone let me know where I can get the email address for the Marina Suites in Puerto Rico - although we've been to the Marina Suites before, I do not have the email address. Where off there in mid April and would like to request a room. Any help would be much appreciated. Many Thanks,
Joe.
Hi

I've had a look and so far these are the only contact details I can find....

Aparthotel Marina Suites Puerto Rico
Lg Muelle Deportivo Portonovo s/n
Puerto Rico
Gran Canaria
Tel: +34 (928) 153 015
Fax: +34 (928) 153 014

If I manage to find their email address, I'll post it here.

Pippy :D
Try this....

reservas@marinasuitesgrancanaria.com

Pippy :D
Please, could anyone supply me with the Web Site address for the Marina Suites - We've been a couple of time before but always through tour operators and always appear to pay more than the people we meet!!!! Just thought I would give them a try direct and cut the 'middle man' out - got flights at a reasonable price.

Many Thanks,

Joe
See Pippy's post above.

luci :wave
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.