Spain - Canary Islands - Gran Canaria Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Gran Canaria.
We have recent reviews of this accommodation HERE
I cant speak for this hotel in particular, but i have worked in a handful of 4/5* hotels in the past, in GC, which have been really strict with this rule. Its not worth the risk of not taking trousers because if it says it in your brochure, then you haven't got a leg to stand on if they refuse you entry to the restaurant because you're wearing shorts (even smart ones). This is becoming the norm with decent hotels everywhere. One thing i do know, is that the food in the Las Margs is spot on! So don't miss out!!!
We're off to the Las Margaritas at Easter and I was actually wondering about the trousers rule for my 16 year-old son. He is tall but doesn't look quite old enough to get him served alcohol - would the hotel consider him to be a 'child' and let him wear smart shorts, or should I take a pair of jeans for him?
Definitely take a pair of trousers/jeans just incase. As he's sixteen you will have paid an adult price for him to stay there and the management may class him as a full paying adult regardless of the alcohol situation. Better to be safe than sorry!
Have a great time
Thanks GCPrincess :D I'll pack his best dark jeans, we're only there for a week so one pair will do, he can change into his knee-length shorts for going out after dinner. Jeans are heavy in the suitcase but apparently the Las Margaritas does pool-towel-hire so at least I can cut down on our weight allowance by not having to take loads of towels :wink:
Hi cyberspacekadette,

please be sure to let me know how you get on with the long trews ruling and happy hols. We too are going with 15yr old son and dont particularly fancy packing jeans if not required.

Thanks
Hi joolz :D Only 12½ weeks to go :roll: Hoping for a good time anyway. We were in an All-Inclusive apartment complex in Lanzarote last August which had the trousers rule in the brochure, but nobody bothered to wear trousers and nobody made a fuss about it, I suppose it just depends on the individual hotel's manager.
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.