Cyprus Discussion Forums

Discussions regarding holidays in Cyprus
It is winter here and cool at nights you would not be wearing shorts, or beach clothes, just your normal going out stuff will be fine, thermals maybe :wink: we had to have our heating on last night, first time this winter..
Most of the big hotels stipulate that men must wear long trousers in the evenings even in summer, but Jim is right, you won't want to be wearing shorts after the sun goes down anyway!
I was in the Coral Beach last July a *****and it was so hot they had no rules in the evening dining room regarding shorts, most including me had them on..but certainly you will not be in shorts at the moment or for the next three months or so...
As carol said most big 4/5 * hotels request men wear long trousers for the evening meal.

It just means that they would prefer them not to wear shorts - my husband usually just wears smart jeans and a shirt (or even just a t shirt sometimes) and that is fine. You can wear what you wish! i usually just wear a skirt of some kind and a nice top - in other words just something a little bit smarter than your swimming cossie or shorts you have been wearing by the pool all day :D

Hope that helps abit - it was something that worried me too before we went to our first big 4* hotel, in our experience (we have been to 4 hotels like this) they are not that strict about the dress code - they are not going to stop you going into the restaurant to have dinner just because they dont like the top or shoes you are wearing - its more to stop people thinking they can just wander in for dinner in their speedos :shock: which was what a german gentlemen did in one hotel we stayed at one year until the maitre de pointed out the trouser rule to him!!
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.