Holiday Complaints

Do you have a holiday complaint? For help and advice post in here.
Why won't Eurostar allow people who's name isn't the same as the credit card booking to travel? I've booked flights/holidays for my son on my credit card and not had any problems?
dont know said they have recently changed their rules and lastminute.com should have been aware of it
I am sorry to hear of the above but I am afraid this happens all the time at Dover Docks, If I book and pay for just a pound trip on credit card, they want to see it at the docks, they say this eliminates f raud.Tonyt
if this is the case then lastminute.com shouldnt be selling these holidays knowing they are gifts to other people, its a con, just hope she can sort it out but doubt it as they are now ignoring her emails, fingers crossed the letter does the trick, ive given her ros's details incase it has to go down that road it should be classed as a package as lastminute.com booked the euro star and hotel together, just a warning to anyone else thinking about doing this, what was a lovely idea turned into a very unpleasant experience
I just found this on Eurostars website...

Please note:
The credit card holder must be present to collect tickets from the station so its not possible to book tickets for someone else if the card holder is not able to be present.

Link to quote

But if she already had the tickets ???

Airlines have never asked to see my CC !

Hope you get this sorted

Ady
hi

thanks for that link i will inform her, i cant believe they could agree to accept her 2 bookings knowing this and knowing that my friend wasnt going with them , very strange
It'll be interesting to hear what Ros has to say about this matter.
shes waiting for a response to a letter shes written to lastmin.coms head office, after re questioning her last night apparantly she got vouchers in the daughters names that were to be exchanged for the tickets at euro star, but these vouchers came with a letter saying congratulations a lovely gift idea etc etc and all you need is these vouchers to exchange for your tickets have a lovely holiday, looks like another dubious set up
Hello everyone,
This post has raised my interest..............I have booked some flights for friends with B.A. It says on the website that the card holder must be present at check in...........after a phone call, they said that if the card holder isn't travelling, obviously they don't need to be there, after this post I am now a little worried. Can anyone help with this??
Lisa,x
I've booked easyJet tickets for my son with no problems at check in.
I've never done an ebooking with BA for an international flight but I use them a lot for domestic travel and have never been asked for my credit card at check-in as long as I've got the required photo ID. I can't remember whether you need the card for the automatice check-in machines or whether you just need the booking reference though I ought to given how many times I;ve used them :-)

SM
I have booked and paid for a BA international flight for someone else, using my credit card but when I told the booking agent that I would not be collecting the ticket personally - they charged another £25. But the person collecting the ticket had no problems.
Terriade, that's a bit steep!! It doesn't say anything about an extra charge on the site,I'll just have to trust the person who I called, should have got her name...ummmm, think I might give them another call......
Lisa,x
hi lisa b
dont worry
have checked in a manchester many times with ba
they only need your credit card if you use an automated check in
go to a normal desk and you will have no problems
hope this helps
We had problems with lastminute.com last year and they didn't reply to our emails but they did eventually respond to our letters.
shes still waiting for a reply from lastmin.com to the letter she sent, maybe its just euro star that insists the card holder is present ,as soon as i here anything ill leave an update
Thanks aland, it's always a worry when booking for someone else that all the information is correct and that they don't have any problems when they get to the airport, thanks again, Lisa
I used to work with a company who dealt with Eurostar , the ruling is if you booked less than 7 days in advance we couldnt get tickets and it was a TOD at waterloo , then the credit card would need to be presnt , BUT not always as you were given a email or fax with a PNR number on which you gave to the ticket office at Waterloo , IF THEY have the tickets a credit card is NEVER needed as you just put the tickets through the machine like you do on the Tube , something seems to be wrong BUT as i travelled countless times for the company who booked it with their credit card and NEVER had a single problem as i didnt or no one ever in the party had the credit card , as we all had PASSPORTS in tehname of the tickets which we always picked up with a PNR number at Waterloo i think something is completely wrong
they got vouchers from lastminute.com that had to be exchanged to get on euro star thats where the problem lay despite been reassured by lastmin that that was all that was needed, anyway the lastest is they have refunded the daughter to her credit card the daughter that had to repay for the holiday, the price of the hotel only and that was only after several phone calls but refused to refund for euro star price and said that had to be done via head office and also said the mother had to write herself to them to get is sorted out, what a carry on
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.