Spain - Canary Islands - Tenerife Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Tenerife.
Record Car Hire
13 Posts
Not used them myself but last couple of times we were in Tenerife the queues
were huge.
Must be quite good though or is it because they are a good price?
Have a look at this link, just been quoted £52 for 3 days car hire inc booster seat in the middle of july. ( equiv to ford focus a/c )

BARGAIN

http://www.autoreisen.es/ingles/tenerife_car_hire.php
We use autoreisen every time we are over.
Good service, no complaints.
costs about £100 for a week.
Thats good to know that you use autoreisen, will i get what i have asked for, ie. ford focus with air conditioning or do they tend to give you something similar.
Many thanks in advance
We have always gone for a small car with AC.
They can give you an alternative but in our case it has been an upgrade for no extra cost. We have used them many times now and often get an upgrade. Never had a problem.
Also comes with full tank so no need to fill up on your way out of the airport.
Not sure if they all do this.
We are just booking ours for July, quoted £82 for a week :D
How do you go on for parking in tenerife, do you generally use the car parks, as i have noticed the police are pretty keen on lifting tourists cars and impounding them.
I also have a blue badge for disabled parking which is for EU countries but get cunfused wether or not the canaries are actually EU
They are quite keen on lifting cars if they are parked illegally.
We always use the car parks or the road side which is mostly free.
I think with the underground carparks there is a charge.
Not sure about disabled parking though.
We have also used autoreisen twice, this time 99 euros for a week, this is for a small car with AC. Nice cars and only take a couple of minutes at the desk in the airport, Karl's usually sorted the car before i've got the luggage.
I have already booked with Record, I will bear autoreisen in mind for my next trip but I would be interested to hear from anyone who has used Record recently.
We use http://www.recordrentacar.com all the time now, always used to use autoreisen but found their cars were getting older & older. I book with record online about a week before we travel.
What was the car like?

Record advertise that all their cars are less than 6 months old.
Do they try to get you to upgrade at the airport ?

I have been upgraded when they do not have the car I chose - they do not charge you any extra though.
What was the queue like at the airport ?

I have never seen a large queue at the desk, (there may be on a Fri) - I always sort the car out before I collect the suitcases to get in the queue first.
We have to return the car early in the morning, has anyone else done this ?

You just park the car & put the keys through the window in the Record office at arrivals.
This is quite good to hear I spent hours looking for car hire and found Reisen to be the cheapest so I am glad to see good reports on them... Fly out saturday cant wait
Always use Record when we visit the island, very good prices and cars. Used them this April & May with no problems. Their desk is just behind the baggage carousels so you can book you car out while you watch for your luggage to turn up. If they haven't got a car in the class you have asked for, they automatically upgrade for free.
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.