Indian Ocean inc. Maldives/Mauritius & India Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in India and Indian Ocean.
Meeru Island?
24 Posts
Hi chocmandooby
Haven't been to Meemu, but have been to the Maldives on three occasions.
Try this web sitehttp://meeru.com

As for the cost of food and drink can put a sizable hole in your pocket as everything is imported, so the best option is all inclusive.
The weather in October is usually fine its at the end of the rainy season, the Temp is 28 degrees C.

Regards

Joe :sun
Cath

I have asked for Meeru to be added to our reviews site. Perhaps you would like to write a review on your return at Far East reviews

luci :wave
Resort added here :-

http://www.holidaytruths.co.uk/reviews/maldives/kaafu-atoll/meerufenfushi/meeru-island-resort/

If anyone has stayed here please write your review and assist your fellow holidaymakers.

Hi all,we are completely unsure as to where to go-firstly we only have 1 week to take but we are looking for a week of total relaxation and we have looked at several destinations and the Maldives seems to be winning! we quite fancy Meeru island so if anyone has any info let us know,we would be going about mid jan 06,cheers Mark
Hi again,i really like the look of Meeru but i have read that it's not the best for snorkelling and as i love this type of thing it has put me off a bit if anyone has anything to add let me know please,cheers Mark
There are two UK based Meeru websites if you google for them - one has the bar menu in pictures.

We were there two years ago - we toted up the drinks bill for 1 day, a wapping $160, and that was mainly tea, coffee and fruit juices.

Graeme
Hi there. We were at Meeru 18 months ago and thoroughly enjoyed it. We haven't been to any of the other islands though so can't really compare. We thought the snorkelling was excellent and off the beach, we saw rays, reef sharks and a multitude of other fish. However, other more experienced Maldives visitors said that the house reef was further away than at some other resorts. The hotel did however run regular boat snorkelling trips which we also enjoyed and apparently the dive school was excellent.

We thought the food was good and that the Al option was good value. The food in the main buffet restaurant was of good quality but there are also other restaurants - beach bar and the Asian Wok but you have to pay extra for the food in here although drinks are included on the AI. I understand that they have also now built further villas and another bear and restaurant.

This is one of the bigger islands which may or may not appeal - the upside is that there is plenty to do if you want to do it and to be honest, you're never really aware of how many people are on the island until you turn up at the restaurant for dinner etc and you wonder where all those people have come from.

If you have any more specific questions, I'd be happy to answer them. :lol:
Hi all,we have just booked meeru for jan 06,staying in the jacuzzi land villas,we are really excited,it just looks like paradise :D It took us a while but i think we have made the right choice for our first visit to the maldives,cheers Mark
hi all,we are heading out to Meeru on the 15th jan 06 from Gatwick,anyone else going then? if so see you in the dhoni bar for a drink :glynis ,cheers Mark
Ihave been twice and stayed in Water Villa's only on a AI deal it suited us as we like a drink and you cannot bring any duty fre into county.Any questions just ask???
We stayed at Meeru a few years back and loved every minute of it! We stayed AI and thought the food was very nice better than most 5* Hotel buffets! The snorkelling was pretty good but it depends on where about on the island you are!
We stayed in a Beach Villa the first week and a Water Villa the second, both as good as each other both have their different pro's.

You'll love it!
James
Hi just got back from our 4th visit to Meeru. We stayed in a Land Villa and found these perfect for us. They have built an artifical reef up at the north end of the island buy the Jaccuzi Water Villas and over water spa and the snorkelling here is excellent, much better than it used to be. The food, although always excellent, is now better than ever. Absolutely wonderful. We went AI and found this to be the best option for us.

As an idea of cost a G&T is $4.50 or a beer is $3.00 or wine $3.50.
Hi Guys,

My Fiance and I are going to Meeru Island on 31st August for our Honeymoon!! Just wondering if anyone else was going to be there the same time? Also, does anyone know just how rainy it gets this time of year? I know it's the rainy season....but does this mean rain all day or just a couple of really heavy showers?
If the rainy season this year is similar to the rainy season last year on Meeru, you may be lucky - or conversely having to find things to occupy you in your villa ( :oops: ) for a couple of days.

We were on Meeru last July/August and had 2 consecutive days of virtually continuous rain plus a couple of heavy showers sunsequently. The first week in August was much drier with only a few short sharp showers- then we spoke to some folk who were on a nearby island from 6th August and their week there was similar to our first week which was disappointing. It does at least stay warm when it's raining, but the tennis courts, football pitch etc were unuseable for a couple of days and it was very puddly underfoot too. Also watch for the mossies which like warm wet conditions - take sensible precautions on that front!!

If it does cut up rough, you may find that trips etc get cancelled, so book excursions early so you have space to manoevre/reorganise if you happen to get unlucky with the weather. Met a few folk who were really upset about missing the desert island trip on their penultimate day as it was blowing up a real storm........................
Thanks for that, by the sounds of it the weather is pretty much in the lap of the Gods! And as you quite rightly said...if it does get that bad we'll just have to occupy ourselves in the beach jaccuzzi villa!? Would be gutted if we didn't get out on a few excursions though?
Hi, hope the wedding goes well and have a wonderful honeymoon. We have been to Meeru 4 times and the Maldives is our perfect holiday destination, pure paradise. If you want to know who else will be there at the same same time have you visited http://www.meeru.co.uk ?
With regards to trips its worth noting that they will allow you to cancel up to 4 pm the day prior to the excursion, after this time you are expected to pay...only exception is if they cancel due to the weather or they dont meet the min numbers for the trip.

Mr B :yipee
For those of you interested here is a copy of the bar / drinks tariff, you might have to save it and then enlarge it on your pc. to get a better view of it..hope it helps

http://img.photobox.co.uk/7206247723e07f41c32b26d40f9f7d944529902d3caa8a56a1f432a5.jpg

http://img.photobox.co.uk/43221487c0a4a43aac67682e21b3701afc910bbbac6102415f00b3fa.jpg

Mr B
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.