Holiday Complaints

Do you have a holiday complaint? For help and advice post in here.
just thought i would update you all on this!!

a2b have admitted that the airport- hotel journey was not a direct transfer as advertised so they have refunded us the money for that.

however we are still chasing them over the return journey they are claiming that the driver did turn up and that we were not there he waited until 7.30 am then got the hotel to sign a "stamp" to prove he had waited for us - so we got them to fax this stamp to us so we could see it.

It is basically an address stamp it does have the hotel name on it but thats about it, there is no date or no indication of personal details e.g our names,amount of people being picked up. There is a signature over this stamp which anybody could have scribbled on there and 7.30 (doesnt say whether am or pm) just written in biro to one side of the stamp.

we made the above the points to them via return email and are still waiting for a response.

fatcodycat 8)
I wonder if the hotel would remember this?
They might, especially if they have cctv covering the reception area where the driver presumably presented himself. I also presume that as you shared on the way to the hotel you would likely have to share on the return to the airport. Pity you cannot find out who else was on that bus as they might recall stopping at your hotel - or NOT stopping.

The driver might have been better advised by the hotel reception (had he really turned up) to call your names in the foyer. The hotel would have been able to confirm you had paid/checked-out and handed in the room keys - so presumably would not be far away.
yes i was hoping that some other people on here might go "yes we were supposed to picked up by them at that time as well!"

There is no way we could NOT have seen anyone picking us up - my husband and 2 young daughters were sat on a sofa in front of reception just inside the doors with all our luggage and i was outside where the other buses and taxis were pulling up and everyone of those buses and taxis i went up to the drivers and showed them our transfer voucher and asked them if they were for us.

It might be worth asking the hotel if they have anything which might help us but it think its going to come down to our word against theirs. thanks for the support anyway!!! :D

fatcodycat 8)
Well we have heard back from them and basically they have agreed to refund 75% of the total cost

They have admitted that the stamp is not very clear and "they are now implementing better procedures for the drivers involving the stamps when doing pick ups" whether they will or not is another matter!

There was not alot of money involved in this we paid £20 for our transfer so have now got £15 of it back but it was the principle of the thing and perhaps if they do implement some changes other people might not have to go through what we did!

fatcodycat 8)
I booked a direct transfer from Mallorca Airport to Palma on 30 June.
Like you, I was ushered on to a mini-coach and had to wait over 30 minutes for others to join us. Fortunately, I had not booked a return transfer.
I have sent emails and have written two letters, but have had no response from the company.
How did you manage to get a response?

newton3
hi newton

i basically kept pestering them via email!! and threatened them with "further action" by putting it in the hands of ros fernihough they replied to that!!

good luck!

fatcodycat 8)
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.