Spain - Balearics - Majorca Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Majorca.
HI jason and welcome we went to alcudia last year and found it realy good for kids very freindly and full of familys try the the siesta1 apertments at the top of the strip they were realy good

yours the fatboy
Hi Jason. Take a look at Sa Coma, it's brilliant for families. We have stayed at the Safari Park which has great facilities but lots of German visitors. The Coma Gran always gets brilliant reviews and we are going to try it in October. The beach is beautiful and you are within walking distance of Cala Bona, Cala Millor and S'Illot if you fancy a change of scenery. Gx
Thanks for the replies, so much too search for on the web.. :lol:

I have contacted the siesta 1 direct, and it looks great. I'm off to search for Sa coma now..
We're off to Cala D'or Playa apartments on Saturday with our little one - who'll be 3 at Christmas.

Will let you know when we get back :lol:
Hi

I would recommend Santa Ponsa - lively but not as busy as Magaluf.

We took our very active son for the first time when he was just 5 and we have been returned there serveral times. We had a great time and there was loads for him and us to do. Nice beach with pedalos etc. Loads of child friendly bars - Burlington Berties which had a kids club - you can sit and have a drink whilst kids are entertained. Scots Corner had a couple of bouncy castles and things for kids to do. Wide selection of places to eat from Burger King & McDonalds to traditonal english pub grub, mexican, chinese, indian, etc etc etc

Great entertainment in The Square which is located at the quieter end of SP in an area called Costa de la Calma - every night there is family entertainment from 8.30 to 11.30 - face painting, kids games, disco - every night a different tribute band is on stage in the centre of the square - Madonna, Westlife, Robbie Williams, Abba etc - you just sit outside which ever bar you want and you can watch the entertainment - we felt this area was safe for kids and were happy to let our son mix with the other kids there.

There are a couple of little parks with play equipment in SP- but we were quite lucky as our apartments (Jardin del Mar) had a kids play area with swings, wendy houses, slide, climbing frame, football pitch, snooker and a childs pool, so during the day we saw very little of our son!!

Have a look at http://www.santa-ponsa.com this has maps and lists of apartments, bars & restaurants etc plus loads of info about the area.

SP is only about 10 mins drive away from 2 massive water parks - Western Water Park & Aqualand. Also in Magaluf is The Pirates Adventure and about 20 mins drive away is Marineland.

Have a look at the SP web site and have a look at all the review on Holiday Truths.

We love Santa Ponsa and cant wait to go back again next year. If you want any more info or have any questions just send me a pm.

Carmel :wave
Thanks Carmel..

Yet another great hotel from what i can find...

Decisions Decisions..... :? :?

Would any of you recommend booking direct with the hotel..? as the flights for the dates we want are so cheap.
Jason

If you are travelling outside main school holidays you can get some great bargains going DIY due to cheap flights.

We book flights and then get accommodation ourselves - have a look at
http://www.wintersunshineholidays.com/ or http://www.alpharooms.com/

We find the agencies cheaper than booking direct with the hotel/apartment - last time we went to the Jardin del Mar it was £22 a night cheaper with wintersunshine than booking direct with the hotel. Compared to the brochure price we saved just over £600 - which goes a long way towards holiday spending money.

Any other questions just ask.

Carmel
Is there any particular reason why i cannot book the rooms yet..? i have tried to book through Alpha and it states there are no dates available, so i checked other dates and it seems to me that its too early to book..

Would this be the case...? and if so does anybody know what sort of time scale i should be looking at before they will let me book..?

Hippyjak i look forward to your reply... :wink:
Jason

Its still a little bit early to book the majority of accommodation yet - some hotels have released their rooms, but a lot leave it to the end of the season.

I had a look at Winter Sunshine this afternoon and they have a lot more accommodation available today than they did last week.

Best news is that prices appear to be cheaper than last year!!

You literally have to check these sites everyday because prices change and sometimes they put offers on.

Hope you get a bargain.

Carmel
Well i had a reply off Siesta 1 apartments today and it was quite expensive... :shock: So i think i will wait til the rooms become available on some hotel sites...

Now my next question is about car hire, what are the driving conditions like..? i have driven in the Costa Del Sol before with no problem, is Majorca the same..?
Can anyone recommend any good car hire sites ( if we can get the holiday cheap enough we might splash out on a nice motor for the fortnight.. :D ) Also we are probably going to stay at Jardin del Mar, does anyone know what the parking situation would be as we would like to pick the car up from the airport...

Thanks again
Jason
Hi Jason

We have just booked the Jardin del Mar through Winter Sunshine and its £100 cheaper than the same time last year.

We always pick up a car at the airport and have always booked through http://www.doyouspain.com/

They have always worked out really cheap and have always provided us with a super new car.

Driving out of the airport on the Palma ring road is a bit hairy but in general the roads are good and well signposted. Jardin del Mar hasnt a car park but there is plenty of on road parking nearby.

If you send me a pm with your email address I can send you some photos of the hotel & Santa Ponsa.

Carmel :wave
Jason,

I can definitely recommend Cala D'or, it's very family orientated, you can walk to most places, beaches are all small coves so easy to keep an eye on the kids (though a 3 year old won't wonder far!). Restaurants are all family friendly, supermarkets have most things you'd find at home and now the new motorway has been built it's fairly quick to get to.

For a hire car we've used carjet and record, most are competitive and have a desk at the airport where you collect your baggage. It's really easy and you'll be in the car on your way whilst the package holidaymakers are still looking for their coach.

If you are interested in renting an apartment pm me (or if you have any other questions or need recommendations for anything else), we have an apartment 5 mins from the marina, 1 min from supermarket and restaurants - not looking to rent commercially just the odd week to friends and family.
Hi, Jason :wave

I will also second Sa Coma, we went there this year (myselve hubby and 2 girls aged 18mth and 3), and stayed at the coma cran, we had a fab time, and are hopeing to return october this year,

the resort around the coma cran is very british, with very few spanish eateries ect, however i think this is its only downside, the resort its self is small but plenty to do and is a great base to explore,

the hotel is spotless and i simply could not find any flaws, what so ever

we also paid extra for H/B for 5 days, the standard of the food was excellant, well above 3 star standard,

hope this helps,

Shelley

:lol:
Thanks for all the replies everyone, i am starting to realise that there are a lot of nice places on the island, which is making me think more about hiring a car, because if we enjoy it there we can scan the island to check out other resorts for future years....
Try Go2Spain.com, I found them the cheapest accomodation rental site.
Hi Jason

I have just returned from Cala Bona and I stayed at the Aparthotel Bonaire on a self catering basis. Cala Bona was a lovely quiet, family orientated resort and the Bonaire itself was a fabulous hotel with a lot of entertainment. During the day they had kids activities like football coaching, swimming lessons and you could also drop them into the kidzone for a couple of hours where they did other activities with the reps. At night they were entertainment run by the reps which was good fun.

We hired a car for the two weeks, the roads in Majorca are good and we found all the other drivers very considerate and didn't have any problems at all.
Hi Helen thanks for the info...

Hi Pooks, i will look into it, thanks for the info and i'm glad you had a nice time... :wink:
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.