Help And Assistance

Need help and advice on using this forum? Post your queries in here.
No problem staying logged in if using the back arrow on IE but if say in hotels section and click on the Discusion forum banner at the top it takes me to the rememberance front page and asks me to login. Doesnt stop me using the back button though.

1. Name of your Internet Service Provider TALK TALK
2. Whether you're on broadband or dial up BROADBAND
3. The link you are using to access Holidaytruths
http://holidayforums.co.uk/
4. When the problem occurs (e.g. minutes or hours after being logged in) ??
5. Browser you're using (e.g. Internet Explorer, Firefox etc.) IE
Thanks for that Nick - exactly the info we need :wink:

May I suggest that you don't use the holidayforums link anymore - we used it when we had problems with the Holidaytruths name back in June. If you just use http://www.holidaytruths.co.uk you should not experience any problems.

In the meantime, we are working on a more permanent solution.

Mark :D
blueyonder
broadband
truths & forum done both.
straight away
IE

HI MARK
i try most things, but still I've got no luck with it.

i'm still not to bright with the computer :oops: :oops:
Mark,
Don't know if this is a temporary problem, but,as of this morning, I can't log in with the holidaytruths.co.uk address.However I find that I am logged in when I try the holidayforums address.
Info requested is as follows :_
1 Tesco.net
2Broadband
3 truths.co.uk not working; forums.co.uk works fine
4 Can't log in at all on truths;when I click on submit,the log in page re-appears.
5 I.E.
No, it wasn't a temporary problem - still can't log in on the holidaytruths web address, only the holidayforums address from where I'm at present posting.
Would appreciate some assistance please. :(
Mark is away at the moment, I will see what I can find out for you

Have you tried deleting your cookies etc., ?

Kath HT Admin
Thanks,Kath. Yes, I tried stopping the cookie blocker and that didn't make any difference. However,I think I've solved the problem - I logged out of holidayforums, deleted cookies again and successfully logged into both forum addresses before re-setting my cookie blocker - at least that's what I think I did !! :lol: :?
Cookie blocker? :hmmm Do you mean pop-up stopper? Pop ups are different from cookies.

Sounds like clearing your cookies has resolved the problems. Great stuff. Glad to have you back on HT instead of HF. :lol:

luci :wave
No,luci, I mean the privacy setting which determines what sort of cookies are permitted.
Don't really mind whether I'm on via HT or HF as long as I get my daily fix.I just wanted to have both operational in case one went down again - I still remember not being able to get on for a whole week earlier this year when HT went belly-up (technical term,sorry :) ) and I don't want that to happen again !! :lol:
Got you now. :lol: I used to have the cookie blocker pop up all the time as I didn't want to install any that weren't necessary, although it was really annoying having it pop up all the time.

I took the advice of someone on the Computer Problems forum of how to set my cookie settings without installing 3rd party cookies and no longer have it popping up all the time which is great.

luci :wave
Hi. just been on Ht .been on bout 10 mins, then it just went off. I am a broadband user, loggrd on through Holiday truths.co.uk
I use internet explorer, Hope this helps
I experienced the same, where the software could not connect to the server.

Seems to be all OK now though.

MarkJ HT Mod
Hiya Mark
Actually the site has been on the blink for me for the last week.
It's having periods of running extremely slow and you have to wait ages for a post/page to load, then losing it altogether with a critical error message and then it reboots up, or someone reboots it up and I have to log in again.

Sanjiiiiiiiiii
Sanji,

Thanks for the feedback.

I'm in the same boat as you and so are some of our members.

There must be an underlying problem with the server which needs looking into.

Something for Van the man to sort :wink:

Mark :D
Hiya mark

I hope Van the man gets his van down here because the last time we had problems like this, it just got worse until we lost HT completely for about a week.

That's serious withdrawal symptoms, even worse than nicotine :rofl

Sanjiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiii
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.