Holiday Complaints

Do you have a holiday complaint? For help and advice post in here.
I can't offer any help or advice on your situation other than to do what 22 of us have done after a Kosmar disaster. NEVER EVER will we book with them again. They wrecked our holiday 2 years ago and we were never compensated, nor did we receive an apology. Yes, their prices are reasonable but they do not fulfil their duties to the public. Anne
Thanks Anne. We haven't booked with Kosmar next year!! Carrie
Carrie I would contact Ros Fernihough on 01922 621114 (office doesn't reopen however until 8th Jan) She is a travel law lawyer and often assists our members and will offer you free advice.

Kosmar have obviously broken their contract with you ie different resort is classed as a major change for a start. Plus you were put in accommodation not suitable for the size of your party.
I also would never book kosmar again.We went to pefkohori with them in 2004,booked the Ioli village 11 months in advance, which looked lovely in the brochure.
They put us in the grottiest apartments at the back of the complex which we were told by a local were not even part of Ioli village. kosmar just didn,t want to know and after a lot of letter writing we just gave up but swore we would never travel with them again.

Jeanie
We wrote again saying that we would take them to court if we had not heard from them within two weeks with an explanation and a better offer of compensation.

When did you file your claim in your local County Court?

Golden rule number 1........never threaten court action if you are unprepared to follow through.

To do so weakens the case of fellow passengers who also fall foul of these same Tour Operators.

Do ring Ros after the 8th. If you don't your threat (above) is worthless and you WILL NOT receive due recompense. Let Ros advise you if you have a case. I'm no expert, but can agree with Glynis......you HAVE a case.
Hi Mike,
Thanks for your comments. Have no doubt we will be following this through - requested forms from Court already! We will of course speak to Ros on the 8th before submitting our claim to court. These companies should not be allowed to get away with it! Will keep you updated.
Carrie
Thanks Carrie.

Feedback is extremely useful to us all - my advice is based very much on my own experiences and researches but there's no substitute for the real results (or failures) reported by you and everyone else.

Have a great New Year (everyone).

Mike
Just an up-date. Spoke to Ros (or someone in her office) today, 8th Jan. They are sending me some forms with all the information they need regarding our complaint, and will look at it for us. So, watch this space!!
Happy New Year to you all.
Carrie
Glad to hear you have contacted Ros, I hope everything gets sorted for you.

Sarah
A quick update - Ros is going to take on our case, no win no fee. Will let you know the outcome asap
Carrie
Quick up-date with this ongoing problem! With Ros's advice now in process of preparing statements etc. in prepartion for court case. I can see why TO's expect people to give up - very long winded, but I'm NOT giving up!!! So watch this space and will keep you all informed.
Carrie
good luck and thanks for keeping us informed
Carry on Carrie, and thanks for keeping us updated.

Best wishes of course,

Peter
Wishing you the very best of luck.
Thanks so much for your support! :D
Carrie
Good Luck Carrie,

Only travelled once with Kosmar, about 5 years ago, I think I was one of the lucky ones.

Hope you have a good outcome.

Mary x
I've done three Kosmars in the last two years (pre XL) and had great service. I've just booked up with them for May. So far I can't fault them, but nevertheless they seemed to have let customers down lately on this forum.

Best of luck to you and others.

Robby :wink:
Robbie,
I do hope all goes well with your holiday in May. In fact we have always booked our holidays with Kosmar and never had a problem until last year, and as a regular customer we were shocked by their customer service and attitude to us. Anyway, happy holidays - although looking at our weather here probably best to stay put!! :D
Carrie
Whoops, sorry Robby, spelt your name wrong :cry:
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.