Goa Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Goa.
Nicola
you know we all love trip reports- so you can't possibly bore us :D
Good for you- only back yesterday and you've started your report already, it always takes me a few days before I start.
Hi Fiona, i think im still jetlagged. I went to bed last night at 9pm, went straight to sleep and woke up at 4am :( tried for another few hours to get more sleep, finally i got up at 6:30, husband and son still snoring in bed
I can sympathise. I just have to accept that I will be jetlagged when I come back on holiday and must have a couple of days before work.
I've been back 6 days and still waking up at 6:30. Lets hope I get back to normal next week.
:wave Y/m nice to have you back again I know its hard to get back into the swing of things ..so a BIG thaks for your report part 1....
Get yourself a bit of sleep and when you are up to it please can we have more of your report ............as Fiona says we all love the trip reports ............colleen
Can't believe your back already don't seem 5 mins since you said your farewells to everyone.
Glad you had a lovely time,enjoyed your report.
Can you remember what perfumes there was on the mytravel flight.
Sleep r us - from what i can remember there was quite a wide range of perfumes available.

This is the list :Stella in two
Dkny be delicious / dkny to go
Paul smith
Vera wang
Estee lauder - pure white linen
Chanel
Prada
Dior
Lovely - sjp
Cool water
Glow/ live/after dark - j lo
Calvin klein
Paris Hilton - just me

Im starting part 2 now
nicola

hurry up. I can't wait too long for part 2
Thanx yummymummy quite a few to select from.I have two of those but plenty room for some more.Did you buy any on board ?
Forgot to ask when you arrived at the weighing in desk did you get asked for accomodation vouchers being you were flight only.
Bob - i promise i will have part two done by this evening :D

sleep r us - no i didnt buy any on board, but i bought a few in the airport shops, and the lady who served me reminded me to pack it in my suitcase on the way home so it doesnt get took off me.

forgot to mention in my part one report as we went through security i got my hand luggage bag checked, and i forgot to put some deordorant and hair gel in my suitcase so had to pack it in my hand luggage, and they were both took off me :(
No we didnt get asked for an accomodation voucher, we just picked our tickets up from the ticket desk near check in, and then checked in.
Very wierd, i think it only seems to be happening with monarch flights
Thanx for the info on the perfume packing,little things like that you forget.

I think its only monarch who are asking for the vouchers BUT i will still take some kind of proof of our accomodation,all this aggravation surely is'nt needed :bhead .Roll on march 8th and then its up up and away :fly
sleep

the people in the next queue at manchester were asked for accomodation vouchers. The check in woman said it was Monarch who wanted this
Part two as promised

This is a bit late, should have done it last night but i think my bodys still used to Goan time as i keep going to bed very early and waking up about 4am :(
After our taxi to the hotel we checked in, dumped our cases in our room, had a quick shower and headed out to the beach.
The first shack we went to was Squeeze, on baga beach. We got a taxi as we were all pretty tired from the flight.

Had a lovely afternoon on the beach, but did notice a lot of sellers. I was quite impressed with myself that i didnt buy anything for the first week.

Spent sunset in squeeze shack, had a few cocktails and vodka and cokes, whilst other half was on Kingfisher.

Said our goodbyes to the shack lads and tried to find a taxi. why is it when you dont want a taxi thousands are in sight, but when you do want a taxi you can never find one? my husband and i said, only in Goa haha

Eventually found one, got back to the hotel about 7pm, then went to sleep. We were all very tired because we'd been awake for 24 hours. The alcohol helped us to sleep. Our little lad fell asleep in the taxi on the way to the hotel, and slept til 8am next morning :)
Day two

We never had breakfast in our hotel, we just had it at a beach shack. Decided to get the local bus to baga beach, which cost 4 ruppees each, and the little one was free.
Other half wanted to go for a walk to see what was past the river, so we crossed the river and saw a sign saying cliffs beach shack this way, so we walked up the rocky hills and carried on walking for about 5 mins. It was a very nice walk looking down into the sea. We got to the beach shack which was isolated, had about 10 sunbeds. It was heaven. No beach sellers at all, water was lovely and warm, sea was no where near as rough as baga.

We used this beach shack most days, but also used the beach shack called Hilton, which is when you get to calangute steps, you turn left and its your first beach shack.

The next few days were pretty uneventful, just lounged on the beach.
This was my sixth time in Goa and id done all the trips eg Old Goa and the water falls, so i didnt want to do them again.

We spent a few days at ashwem beach, was very nice, but ive noticed in the last few years its not been as quiet as usual.Mainly because Goa is getting very popular.

It is a very lovely beach. One day we went for a walk up the beach and saw two men catching fish with a net.
It was wonderful to watch.

Thats all for now

In part three ill explain about the restaurants we visited, and which ones we liked/dislike.
Thanx hullsmoggy i think i'll be ok then has i'm in the mytravel(airtours) queue.
Part three

I know i said this is the part where i write about fav restaurants, but ive thought of a few more things to write before that.

After our evening meals we usually went to a little bar near the Falcon resort (ive forgot the name)
Its near Alex's bar, actually on the same stretch.
It was very cheap, we paid 72 ruppees for 3 Kings and 1 coke.
The lads kept our son entertained for hours with their scootors.

Right, i dont really want to cause conflict here, or any bad vibes, but this is what we witnessed, regarding Goa as becoming the typical Benidorm.

One night as we were walking towards the public bar and jerry's bar, we stopped at some little stall's to browse.
All was going fine, i was haggling for some bags, then i heard some guy start shouting abuse. Swearing, a lot of words which i cant repeat on here, and for that matter words which i do not want to repeat ever.

The guy and his group were upstairs in some kind of bar/restaurant i think.
I think its on a corner, the first corner before you reach Jerrys place, and its on the other side of the road than the public bar.
Does anyone know where i mean?

Well, im not too sure who he was talking to, there was a little child begging off us, my husband presumed he was talking to the little child.
But even so, there was no need for that, he was a disgrace.

One day my husband was ill, he said he must have caught something, but i knew it was because he had too much gin the night before :lol:
I decided i wasnt staying in the hotel all day with him ( i dont know how people can stay in the hotel around the pool all day in Goa, that just isnt for me)
So i took my son for a walk. We ended up on Tito's road, and stopped off for a few drinks in a restaurant on the left hand side.
We got chatting to a man, who recommended some Tiger balm for my mosquito bites, which really worked, took the itch away.

Then he was telling me stories (im not sure if i believe them or not lol)
He said he drinks from 7am in the morning, and that particular day he was going on a bar/pub crawl. I think he'd been in about 8 different ones so far that day.
And his next stop was Starbucks beach shack on baga beach, so if anyone saw a very drunken man, about 70 years old, around the 25th Jan, then that will probably be him lol
He also said he likes drinking cups of gravy, with a bit of pepper in.
His stories kept me amused for quite a while.
I like drinking gravy :D
Great so far keep it coming. I could read reports all day!

I can't imagine a bar crawl in goa.. worrying stuff :?
:D
Please yummymummy can we have some more this is helping past time till i can go there, :roll: We have snow here today and we work at the school we also live on site, and they shut the school for two days great, So got the other half doing jobs here and me i am paintin in loverly bright colors its making me think of the sun and the sea 8)

keep up your good work and have a fantastic holiday

Pip
x :D
LOve it at Cliff's Shack. Spent some time there in Dec. Nice and quiet there after Baga(loved Baga shacks too though)A nice stop-off point between Baga and Anjuna(did the coastal walk)
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.