Goa Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Goa.
First heard about this last November but there seems to be little update since then.
Not attended any of their festivals in the UK but many friends have and speak highly of them.
They are very kid-friendly, with very eclectic line-ups. Typically a more grown up crowd 30-40 rather than the teen-25 year old scene. Should go down well in Goa as a alternative to the trance scene.
Thanks for that Ditcher, sounds quite good. I did hear that Nora Jones was supposed to be playing but not sure if this is just a Goa rumour?
GFF xx
Ziggy Marley, Anoushka Shankar are also appearing. The event is taking place in Ashvem at the field next to the new hotel Sur la Mer. I spoke to the owner of the hotel about this concert as the Virgin 'entourage' are all staying at this hotel.

Try searching for this event using Google India.
This sounds like an amazing event. Is anyone going?
Oooooooooo looks interesting and Im there then too!! Mmmmmmmm I wouldnt mind going... hehe :P :P
This will be our first visit to Goa, we fly from Manchester on 2nd April - never been to one of these festivals before, sounds great - anyone else been before - would love to hear what your experience was and what to expect!!

Lorraine & Jim x
my daughters friend told me about this forthcomin festival a couple of months back, she said she went to the UK big chill event last year and it was brilliant, 'out of this world' was her words!! she is early 30's, better than Glastonbury or Reading in her opinion :)
chilly
Hi,

I know last year it was in April, I'm going for 3 weeks in March and was hoping we might catch it while we are there. I looked on the offical website and it doesn't say anything about dates...... just wondered if anyone had heard anything about dates for 2008?

Thanks
L
hello lozza - me and my girlfriend went to this in april and it was excellent, great location, music, food and people. we both said we'd be tempted to go back to goa just for the festival.

know it went down really well and i've heard it's due back in 08, but like you i've checked the website and no news...probably best to email them to find out!

misterc.
Thanks misterc, Im really hoping that they change the date for the next one (March!!)

We are there for 3 weeks and it would be great to go to do something different.

I think I will email them.
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.