Turkey Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Turkey.
really glad you enjoyed your time in ovacik this is proberbly the one of the nicest regions the weather was a bit up and down for may but it has been throughout the world really glad to see you are going back :D
Hi Zonda

Thanks for the write up,we are going to Hisaronu(for the first time) in two weeks time and will try the places you recommend.

We are only going for a week, so it helps when someone gives recent information about the place before you go.

Basil.
Zonda

Glad you liked Ovacik. Did you visit the Mirage Bar by any chance? It is on the main road in Ovacik which leads to Hisaronu.Has SKy tv advertised on a big poster outside the front.

Our Turkish friend Sam owns the bar, and we are going to stay in his villa in July which is in Hisaronu.

We were in Ovacik last October, Olu Deniz last July, cant wait to return.
Glad you liked it.
If you have any, put some pics on the photo board for Ovacik, would love to see them.
Sue :)
I think I visited the Mirage bar (this should give you some clue as to the amount of Efes consumed!) I only got a few pictures as the weather was poor for the few days I had my camera and the only days with decent weather I had to use my phone. I'll see if they are good enough to post however.

Basil Brush, if you go to the Festival, tell them Alex and Gerry sent you (Mackenzies mum and dad) they will know who you mean and will make you very welcome, also, if you find your way to the Captains Bar, see Ati, the co owner and tell him the same thing, he even phoned us to make sure we'd got back to England ok.

Fantastic place with fantastic people.
Hi Zonda, :D

Glad you enjoyed Ovacik as we all do, great write up, I know all about the weather, it was'nt to good when we were there earlier in may, but it is not normal, another turkish convert I think :D

:wink: Kev :wink:
Indeed, we're going to the villa more times next year, my mates messed up and before they knew it the place was booked solid for the year! We're going for 2 weeks at a time next year too!
Thought I'd add a bit to this as I've been a few more times since. The Captains restaurant in Ovacik has gone off the boil somewhat since my first visit, we frequented there most days as it was the first place nearest the villa and it was very good, quality have dropped somewhat of late though.

We started going in a restaurant over the road, it used to be a bit of a joke as we'd sit in the Captains because they was never anyone in except the owner. The last time we went in April it had been taken over by a new guy, he explained that the previous owner liked the drink rather too much and he was more interested in boozing than attracting customers. I don't know if it was called this before but it's now called Friar Tucks They have a large menu of Turkish and English food and a wide variety of drinks, the owner even bought me in a crate of John Smiths when I was Efesed out! They also have a couple of computers with a free internet link for those that can't be away from their emails! Thoroughly recommend it.

The weather wasn't great in April but we were there on business really so we spent a lot of time in restaurants and bars. The Fez is still good, cheap for Efes and other local stuff and lots of imported drinks too although you can pay up to double for one of these. The butterfly is my favourite restaurant in Hisaronu so far. Utterly fabulous food and views, it's on the 'second' floor of Hisaronu's main street and has a large open veranda where you can dine outside and watch the paragliders floating past. Very friendly staff too.

Well that's my mini update, I'm off back to Ovacik on the 2nd of July, can't bleedin' wait!
  • Edited by Zonda_ 2008-07-11 11:42:12
zonda you lucky git i have to wait until august, the butterfly is one of the original restaurants of the village yes it is great and always has been
It was quite bizarre the first time we went there, the owner came over and started chatting and I was thinking "I'm sure I recognise him but I've never been here before!" After chatting to him it turns out that in the off season he lives in England 20 miles away from me and I'd met him before in my local!

Small world eh!
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.