Help And Assistance

Need help and advice on using this forum? Post your queries in here.
We are trying this system for a few days to see how it goes. We've removed them from the top of the forums for a trial period.
KG
remember that HT does need revenue to cover the costs. We would obviously love to be ad free but its just not possible.
...... a small price to pay for what is definitely the best site of it's type on the 'net. :) Whilst I appreciate the economic necessities,I wouldn't like to see it expanded any more than is financially imperative,however.(Not unless I'm getting a cut,of course !! :rofl )
the other option is obvious.. charge a membership fee.. :yikes

but this would [in my opinion] reduce membership,incur un-needed cost[accountants/tax etc] and spoil the whole atmosphere of the site

wizzzard
We do appreciate any feed back that our members give, good or bad.

Sarah
You're doing fine. Carry on. The occasional ad, is a small price to pay for a very good site. It is informative and amusing.
Sagres wrote:

Whilst I appreciate the economic necessities,I wouldn't like to see it expanded any more than is financially imperative,

Don't worry, Van just needs to cover the internet charges and the £20 000 he pays each of the mods.

if only :rofl
The add has only moved from the top of the forum to below the first post. We haven't added any more adverts by the way just changed its position. :D
I preferred them at the top. Karen
Thing is Karen we need to upkeep our revenue. Most other similar sites are littered with either pop ups or adverts or they are booking agents also. Our survival depends on our few ads. :cry:
Hi all

While I understand that you have to pay your mods £200,000 :lol: and Glynis at admin £500,000 :rofl would it be possible to make the adverts scroll along the top of each page ?
This would still give you revenue, highlight the adverts but still leave the forum free of advertising in the posts texts.

Anyway keep up the good work and if this is the only way to keep going I will endorse it 100%.
Just a thought,but we're not far short of 50,000 members now;why dont H.T. advertise a 'poll' service to travel firms, whereby a survey could be taken among members as to their opinions on travel related topics.I appreciate that this would need new software but I shouldn't think that there are many websites that can offer access to the opinions of 50,000 regualar travellers/holidaymakers.Could be a nice little earner, even after my 10% !!! :rofl
Do we get more money by the adverts being after the first post than at the top? I don't really understand it all? (no change there then I hear them cry)

I think Sagres has had a good idea above and having said that am now hoping for 5% myself. :rofl

Doe :hmmm
Must admit I preferred them at the top, don't like them every time I enter a topic but if it means the site staying open I will be happy for them to stay, however if it starts popup windows all over the place like another holiday review site then it will be bye bye from me.

Dave

p.s If it pays the mods £5000000 a year they deserve it, they do an excellent job.
Hi Glynis, I wasn't saying they shouldn't be there, just that I preferred them at the top as I think they stood out better. I am all for them and use them quite often myself. Karen
Thanks for all your valuable input folks. Van's just trying this out for a few days to see how it goes.

Ooooooooooo £5000000 x 7 years !! Van!!!!! Where are you, you owe me a fortune :rofl
Ooooooooooo £5000000 x 7 years !! Van!!!!! Where are you, you owe me a fortune

YeeeeHaaaaa Shoe shopping!!!! :pele
£50000000 :pele ye i can aford that holiday i always wanted...just one holiday :fly leaving on the second of jan and returning on the 20 december :lol:
I still haven't seen any of these ads. What am I doing wrong (or right)?

I haven't see any posts from Van for ages. Has he escaped to a tax haven?
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.