Help And Assistance

Need help and advice on using this forum? Post your queries in here.
Active topics
18 Posts
Helen,
Do you mean 'Sorry but you cannot use search at this time. Please try again in a few minutes.'

I get this quite often and just put it down to a poster posting a reply in a forum. But I dont know for sure.

Angie.
That's the one Angie - I've had it occasionally before, but today its been nearly allday - makes things awkward. :think
This happens when the search function is heavily used.

An update to the software is going to solve some of that as search has been optimised.

An announcement will follow when this upgrade is going to happen. Will update elsewhere first before doing a large forum such as this ;)

Mark :)
Thanks for the explanation Mark. Will wait with baited breath for the announcement of the upgrade.

Angie :cheers
Thanks Mark - I just like to read the up to the minute posts first, then make my way backwards - if you know what I mean :think
Well it satarted happening again to me all night no search option 'view new posts'

Its sending me crazy tonight.

Angie.
And me! Just spent ages writing a reply to a post - pressed submit then lost it all and the topic has disappeared and I still can't get back to new posts etc.
We have had a few technical problems this evening, the site was also down for a couple of hours from just after 6pm. Unfortunately there is no guarantee that things are back to normal yet.

David :wave
Suzie
to be on the safe side, if rewriting your post tonight, do it on Word first and then copy to here.
Thanks for the feedback David.

Hope its better tomorrow. :yikes

Angie.
Oooh Fiona, that is far too complicated for me! All I can do it type and press submit.
Have no idea how add on quotes etc. I am a real computer dunce!
Don't even know how to get my own logo - is that what you call an avitar?
Reply was to 'Holiday Reps' and I can't even see the topic now.
Thanks for your assistance. x
SomersetSuzie,

The site seems to be behaving itself again, I got back here by 'view new topics'

Fingers crossed all is ok again :tup

Angie.
Is it this topic:
http://www.holidaytruths.co.uk/viewtopic.php?f=17&p=1379300#p1379300

It's in the Greece forum at the moment, but Wizard may well transfer from there to General Holiday Enquiries, where I think there may already be a similar topic.

David - how did you do that? Yes that is the one but mine has gone! I would never have found that under Greece!
Thanks a lot!

While I am talking to you, I was a bit alarmed when the Majorca tragedy came up again in the new posts as it could have looked like it had happened again - or is it just me over reacting? Can you gauge how many hits it has had since it came up as a new topic and if there have been many, maybe people thought the same as me.

Angie - thanks for the message - all seems to be fine now.
David - how did you do that? Yes that is the one but mine has gone! I would never

It's possible that you were posting just as we had another period of downtime, in which case your post might unfortunately have been lost.

While I am talking to you, I was a bit alarmed when the Majorca tragedy came up again in the new posts as it could have looked like it had happened again - or is it just me over reacting?

Not over-reacting, but you perhaps just have to bear in mind that you are viewing new posts rather than new topics, and some topics can run for months or years.

Thanks - maybe one day I will learn how to add on the quotes like you do!
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.