Caribbean Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in the Caribbean
Hi Barbados is a great place with lots of activities, some are tied in to what time of year you visit so do some research. Heare is a few things available, every watersport you could think off! boogie boarding, snorkle, scuba diving, on one side of the island the waves are fantastic and the surfing is unbelievable (balthsheba) jet skis, kayaks, wind surfing, kyte surfing you can even go in a submarine(which is amazing!!) You can go on a catamaran, swim with turtles. or go deep sea fishing.There is a jolly roger pirate cruise ship and a boat that is so big that it has waterslides on board that go straight into the clear blue sea! There is a fantastic place called the boat yard where everything is available and it is suitable for all ages and it has a great party atmosphere at night! You can also go on a hellicopter trip and there is a fantastic racecourse which is great fun for a little flutter. They have a huge hockey festival. the island comes alive at the crop over festival which runs for over a month(august i think) when its non stop music and costumes and street parties.oistins is a fab place to visit on a friday where all the locals come out and have barbacues and fish frys in the street. Horse riding is a must as is a trip to harrisons cave, a train takes you down to an amazing place showing huge rock and water formations. all of the above are suitable for your whole family and the barbadians love children of all ages and most important there is hardly any crime it is a real safe island. The food is amazing from big macs)kentucky chicken to top class resturants. I am going back sept and cant wait! hope you find this of some use! Dont forget some hotels include some watersports in the price of your stay so shop around as if you want to do lots you will need deep pockets!! :cheers
Thanks so much for that. I will definitely be looking into Barbados. It hadn't even occurred to me before. Cheers :cheers
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.