Germany, Benelux and Northern Europe Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Germany, Benelux and Northern Europe.
It is probably best to bear in mind that while Munich is a wonderful city it has a great attraction of beer gardens and large beer halls. Children are welcome however I should think they will not be that keen on the beer!. The Olympic park and its tower are worth a visit and there is a childrens museum/bear/doll museum if I remember correctly near Mariensplatz. It is a lovely place to see - but really not sure what can entertain the kids over one night stay. The city bus tour would most likely bore them.

Nivsy
Have to agree with Nivsy, Munich isn't a great destination for small children. Hellabrun Zoo is very good and could be a possibility as is the Englischer Garten (English Garden) which is a very large park that stretches out from central Munich, on a sunny day it will be full of nude sunbathers.
It's one of my favourite cities and I have a day out there(I live about an hours drive away)on a regular basis but it's a shopping, eating or visiting an exibition trip which would be extremely boring for small children.
Thanks for tips. I realise it's not the best for young ones but having done a similar camping trip without children, it's difficult to tailor this trip with kids in mind. We will be travelling from Rotterdam port so it's a very long journey to Munich in one day, so we aren't bothered on evening entertainment, apart from sleeping that is! The zoo and the English gardens sound right up our alley though so that's probably what we'll do. As my husband is the driver for this holiday, we will give the numerous beer gardens a miss! Cheers, Lesley ;)
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.