Italy, Rivieras and Islands Discussion Forums

Discussions regarding holidays in Italy, Rivieras and Islands.
Hi, In Lido Di Jesolo, you can do day trips to Verona and Lake Garda in the same day, which is well worth it, as you can see Romeo and Juliets balcony. A second day trip is to the Dolomites mountains to Cortina, which is another well worth trip. Florence is another trip you can. All the day trips are 2hr plus coach journeys each way, but well worth it.
Venice is great, and Lido Di Jesolo is fab too
Have a great holiday
Thanks for the help that sounds great, especially the trips to Verona and Florence. Roughly how long does it take to get to Florence because isn't it quite a while from Lido Di Jesolo??
Hi im not sure the coach time to Florence, but you do leave your hotel very early in the morning and arrive back late at night.
You can also visit Croatia for the day. Depending on the length of stay choose your excursions carefully as you dont want to over do it. Try and spend at least 2 days in Venice.
Ive also being looking at this place for future reference.
You can get cheap flights on fridays to venice with first choice (through thomsons web site?) , but the hotels are quite expensive. It will be for us as being a large family we would require two rooms.
Check out the water park it looks pretty damn good to me!
http://www.aqualandia.it ;)
Lido jesolo is a good place o stay with a beach etc, you can then do st marks and the canal etc as trips from there. Look at thomsons for the flights mentioned they are dirt cheap if booked late.
Sorry forgot to say these are from manchester the one i had seen anyway.
Steffie08

Just curious, when are you going to lido de jesolo, as I am going as well, and departing manchester 4 july
Bunny74 thnx for that, yeh i saw the water park on a website so will definitely be going there at some point, it looks fun.
joeseptuk i am going on the 6th july
Went to Jesolo three years on the trot in the early noughties, loved it!

Do the Verona / Lake Garda trip, a very good day out. If you are doing Venice, do it yourself and get the all day bus and boat ticket, then get the No.5 bus along to Punta Sabbioni, and get the boat into Venice :)
We would usually do Venice in 2 days, one day purely for Venice on it's own, seeing all the sights, going into all the attractions, etc. 2nd day we went, instead of getting on the Venice boat at Sabbioni, we'd get the boat to Burano, then go island hopping to Torcello, Murano, and then onto Venice again early evening, and stay there till it got dark (takes on a whole new look) Then get the last boat home again :)
Hello, been looking at Jesolo next summer, seen a nice hotel just need to know what sort of night life there is there, to old for night clubs just like a nice bar with a bit of music. Not into icecream parlours or cafes as they seem to have a lot of in Italy, so are there any good bars in resort?
Dave.
There are a good few restaurant / bars along the main shopping area (pedestrianised during the summer) who will have some groups or singers on. Put it this way, i was there in mid may and there was usually something, so if you are going later on in the year, should be even better
Hello CiderMonster, thank for your reply, how would you say prices compare here to other resorts abroad? (say Pourtugal/Spain) and can you get local transport to other as in Venice/Verona?

Dave.
To be honest i never found Jesolo expensive, in fact i found it cheaper than the costa brava, but like most places the euro will have changed things no doubt (i was there last year of the lire, and then first year of the euro)

I imagine you could get to Verona, but would probably take a bit of effort, much as i generally don't like organised trips, we did the one to Verona and Lake Garda and it was very good. Venice and it's surrounding islands you can do easily yourself, i've detailed it in one of my posts above, but if you need any more info just ask :)
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.