Far East

Discussions regarding holidays in the Far East.
I understand he'll be cooking at the Alila Manggis and Alila Ubud for people that have been!
Yes I have been watching all of the programs. I've really enjoyed them, I've been to all the places he's visited up to now and the programs are bringing back some good memories, I even spotted one of the hotels that I stayed in at the the side of the Mekong River in Vietnam. I think the programs are a good mixture of cooking and travel, in fact I'm getting the urge to go to the Far East once again.

Judith
Love all his programmes wherever in the world he is but this series is so good.
It doesn't make me want to go on holiday there but it is so interesting to see the culture and charm of the people.
Sometimes when he is cooking, I swear I can smell it coming though the TV! (Same with Keith Floyd)
Jay

The programme is on BBC2 at 8pm Thursday.

Judith
Good show, on his Thailand programme he visited the Seafood market restaurant in Bangkok...went there myself in 91 was good to see it was still around...bit disconcerting choosing your meal by filling a supermarket trolley. See he's in Sri Lanka tonight.
I am sorry I missed this series (or most of it) as I was on my hols in Bali / Kuala Lumpur , hoping they will repeat it some time.
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.