Italy, Rivieras and Islands Discussion Forums

Discussions regarding holidays in Italy, Rivieras and Islands.
Sorrento
4 Posts
Hi, we are (hopefully) off to Sorrento on Friday morning. When we're back I'll post on here a few ideas of prices for drinks/food/trips.

I've heard we are looking at around 10 euro for a pint and a small wine, and that has indicated to me it's not going to be as cheap as other places in the Eurozone that we've been to
Hi, got back from Sorrento this afternoon.

As well as the pound not being very strong against the euro, money didn't seem to go as far compared to when we've been to Greek islands or the Canaries. Still really enjoyed our break though!

On average a pint of lager is around 4.50 euro (we found one bar that did 2 pints of lager in one glass, but that was 9 euro), a glass of wine 4.50-5 euro. Cocktails are anything from 5-8.50 euro depending on the bar. 5 euro was at one that had a happy hour, but we didn't get round to going there. Spirit with a mixer seemed the best value at 6 or 7 euro, but you'd get a big measure.

Food seemed a little more reasonable than drink, we were half board but had a couple of breakfasts and lunches out.

We paid around 4-5 euro for scrambled egg on toast and another 3 euro for a coffee in town, and it was 7-10 euro for an English breakfast - we tried one for 7 euro but there wasn't a lot to it. We paid around 5 euro for a margarita pizza and 8 euro for a tuna pizza, and a burger was around the 5 euro mark.

Evening meals looked around the 10-15 euro mark for just a main dish.

If you go to Capri for the day, head up to Anacapri for your lunch or a few drinks, prices were similar there to in Sorrento but Capri seemed a little more pricey.

Enjoy your holiday!
Thanks for that Helen.Sorrento seems expensive,but the main thing is you enjoyed it.I,m really looking forward to it now.
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.