Spain - Balearics - Menorca Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Menorca.
We go to Arenal d'en Castell and love it there because it is not very busy. Haven't been in August though only June, July and September. July is fairly busy for being Arenal but compared to other places it is not busy. It is a small resort. The beach is fantastic and wherever you stay it is not far off. We have three children 9, 7 and 3 and they love it there. The hotel has a kids club which they use but there are so many children there that they tend to find friends to play with easily. Menorca is very family oriented so there will be children wherever you go. As we go half board I am not good on restaurants. However, what I do know is that Menorca is fairly small so if you hire a car you can get to nearly any place within an hour.
Calan Bosc would be ideal for you, fantastic place, probably the best resort on the island
If not too english is a criteria then

Private /Small hotels at Es Castell, Es Grau , Binibeca, Port Addadia, Macaret

Hotel Resorts but "less English" Son Bou, Son Tomas Arenal Den Castell, Cala Galdana

I would not choose Cala en Bosch, Los Delfines
For what it's worth i went to Punta Prima in May. Caters very well for children, with a small somewhat secluded beach,shallow sea and a childrens play area. Only a couple of restaurants, couple of supermarkets but then again thats what we wanted a holiday away from the hustle and bustle. Lots of other children where we stayed at the Prima Sud apartments.Definately not to english as well.
Yes Punta Prima! in August ( lots of french and Italians there too in August ) so less english.

Not on original list as I thought you had teenagers - ideal for your age . I spent many childhood hours on the beach at Punta Prima.

Plus you can get bus easily into Sant Lluis and Mahon

For better restaurants/meals go into Sant Lluis or super (more expensive) restaurants in nearby Torret

I would not call the beach small - front wise yes but it is deep so even in August its okay
hi ana,nothing wrong with being fussy.es castell is a great place exellent hotels and other accomodation everything from a/i to r/o.nice little beach nearby usually deserted shhh dont tell everyone.ten min taxi ride from airport and no airport noise.resort right on the estuary leading to mahon port great to watch shipping pass by everything from canoes to liners.the bay in resort called cala fonts is great for nights out and dining in traditional style as is es castell itself.phil
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.