Camping and Caravanning UK and Europe

Discussions regarding camping and caravanning in the UK and the rest of Europe.
Sorry Wiz

just checked my database and I don't know of any report about that site

you could write me one though
:D
not till i have been myself :rofl our first camping trip [and my first fishing trip] for a few years [in the uk] it seem to have our essential needs.... tap,loo,shower, fishing :tup and pub :cheers [but not necessarily in that order]

wiz
:rofl

Now would I want one written before no way

anyway at present on countdown for Cyprus we leave for there on Sunday :D

so website wouldn't get updated for a while
Having lived in Gloucester for 12 months I know the pub very well, but it is over 20 years since I last visited. Looking at the website it doesn't seem to have changed that much. It's not far from Gloucester and Cheltenham.

It was one of our favourites to cycle to for a few pints of scrumpy. I only ever managed to cycle up the steep hill leading from it after I'd had about three pints of 9% ABV rough cider!

There's another excellent pub further up stream on the other bank of the Severn - The Boat Inn at Ashleworth.
well i think the pictures are probably 20 yrs old, we went and wont be returning, the facilities block is in serious need of internal refurbishment,[the pub could also do with a face lift] to say some of the staff were miserable may be construed as an understatement, the owner/landlord drove round the site every hour or so and half hour on the weekend days, we met a couple who camped there before it changed hands [about 5 years ago] and said how run down it was all looking,

note for anglers day tickets £5 but be prepared this stretch of the river is tidal [and was the color of brown Windsor soup when we were there] the banks are very steep and apart from the pub garden area well overgrown

this one gets a thumbs down from us....

we stopped in Oxfordshire on the way back at the Bridge house caravan and camping site, we know this is a fairly basic site but the facilities block is regularly cleaned [although it could do with re-decorating] the owner is very nice, chickens,geese and duck have free range over the park [fresh eggs can be purchased from the owner], just outside the gate is the Barley Mow pub [the original pub is mentioned in thee men in a boat] which is now extended and open as a chef and brewer pub.

note for anglers.. FREE fishing to guest on the Thames, bleak,roach,bream,perch,are plentiful, if your lucky to find them also there are chub,pike,barbel and carp

yasus
wizard
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.