Africa/Middle East Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Africa/Middle East inc.Dubai
I'm not sure what you mean about paying to get in and out of Kenya.
A visa is required for entry, as it is in many countries, there is an airport departure tax but this is normally included in your air ticket price. I'm not aware of any other charges, though it's a while since I was last in the country. Hopefully someone who has visited recently can be of more help.

Judith
Hi i woundered if anyone can help me ,i knew we had to pay to go into kenya but i've just been informed that i'll have to pay to leave has wellcan anyone HELP please.....

I went to Kenya over this Christmas - yes you have to pay for the visa on entry - but the price has been reduced to $US 25. Beware occasional scams at Mombasa airport - you should take dollars and don't let them try to charge you £UK 25 . There's actually a sign up with the correct price - but despite that one couple were charged the higher figure by a somewhat aggressive lady official. (and they were provided no receipt - be sure you get one!)
On exit there MIGHT be airport tax ($20 I believe) - this depends upon your airline. As far as I'm aware First Choice/Thomson flights have to pay this - but Monarch which I flew on - had it included in the holiday price - so no exit charge.
Have a great holiday.
thanks for your help,i'll check with the travel agent.... :)
we are of in 2 weeks :) with thomas cook and we've been told its $50 each to get into kenya but not heard anything about a exit charge i'm getting soooooo excited i think i might burst
thanks,i did hear that they've cut the price to $25 and 16 and under are free.....have a nice holiday let us know how it goes :)
tina5 wrote:
thanks,i did hear that they've cut the price to $25 and 16 and under are free.....have a nice holiday let us know how it goes :)

you learn something every day my lad is 14 so he won't have to pay we wasn't told this either looks like we will have a bit more spending money and yes i will let you know how we get on this is the biggest holiday we've ever had :)
Just back from Kenya. $25 in, $20 out. Weather fantastic
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.