Greece - Corfu Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Corfu.
Hey, were in the same situation here, 4 of us girls trying to plan our first holiday away.. its too stressful! So what ive done is just rang up the travel agent said can you find us a kitchen fitted apartment in an 18-30's resort below £400 ..

Well she came up with a few but some of the dates didnt match ours - 18th -25th july so our options are...
Kavos - Sailor apartments £359 its on the beach and right next to the nightlife, reviews seem good (only from young people though) older people have complained about noise and music playing too late from nearby bars & clubs .. wel thats what we want, close to all the mayhem! :D
Our other option is a 4* apartment in Sunny Beach Bulgaria - Poseidon Apartments £389, flight times are shitty but we decided abit ago on Sunny Beach.

So if you want Kavos the sailor apartments sound good to me, have a look at some reviews and see what you think. Might even see you there if we decide on Kavos! :) But yeah i would ring a travel agents and just tell them exactly what your looking for and your budget, you dont have to give them a specific place just say 18-30 resort!
Hi ~* S.S *~

Us lads went to Sunny Beach last year. At first it looked really dead (we got there shortly after midnight and headed straight to the "strip" which looked rather empty for our liking) but it did pick up as the days went by.

Viking Bar is DEFINATELY a great place to go. Good music and a very lively atmosphere. We went there pretty much every night! You'll get loads of parties going on so entertainment and liveliness is never far away.

We went to Nessebar for a historic day of sightseeing and it's gotta be done. Away from the hustle and bustle and a rather nice getaway and relax time.

Also, Khans Tent is AWESOME! I had two bottles of wine to myself *hick* and the entertainment there is outstanding (the balancing guy is SUPERB!). I attempted some plate spinning which I can confidentely say is NOT one of my talents haha.

Myself and the lads have organised 10 days in Faliraki (flying out on 14th July). I went there a few years back and it was WICKED! Can't wait to go back again now :) It's only £260 each for the 10 days...BARGAIN!

So have you decided on Sunny Beach for definate then?

Oh and if it's not too intrusive, what is your age group?
Yeah, i went to sunny beach last year.. with my mum though so didnt really do any hardcore partying lol. We went to khans tent though! really enjoyed it .. damn that wine was strong and the shots WOW! the meal was average but the entertainment was brill. Yeah we did go in viking bar once i think, its the one beside the cage ball shooty up thing isnt it? .. very good and cheap drinks!.. what other clubs/bars do you recommend? we are 18-19 all girls and it looks like where leaning towards sunny beach. Did you go to disco orange or do any of the 18-30's activites.. booze cruise or foam beach party? The apartments we want to stay in are down the bottom end near Victoria Palace (you know the big grand one)

260! thats really cheap, im guessing self catering? thats really good though. How much spending money do you think we'l need roughly, we are planning on making most meals with the kitchen facilities buying all our food from one of the cheap supermarkets, probably eat out a few times, mainly for lunch.

:)
You're right about the location and the cage ball shooty up thing. It was a reverse bungee as few years back. But that's when my mate dislocated his shoulder and I think they got a major telling off for it. Was a shame though as I would have loved to go on it last year.

To be honest, I don't know the names of most of the bars we went to. Most of them were on bar/pub crawls and we only stayed for a shot or 2. I think we went to the Viking Bar because we knew the bar staff who worked there, and one guy owned a restaurant which we got discounted food from.

We did go to Disco Orange which started out quite lively but one of the lads got into an argument with another lad and we decided to leave after that.

Did not go on a booze cruise or the foam beach party. Neither were in the arsenal of what we could do. I think the reps for our hotel were NOT 18-30s orientated so we did miss out on a few things. Blimey, coem to think of it, we DID miss out on quite a lot!

In terms of spending money, I'd say £300 is ample if you're looking to come back with some. If you have a good look around, you'll be able to find the places with the best food deals (when you're not cooking in your rooms). That's what we did and it saved us quite a bit. As you're girls, you're probably not beer drinkers, so saying the price of beer is REALLY good, won't help that much.

Yes, our holiday will be self catering. Myself and another lad ware both 29 this year so it's going to be our last 18-30s holiday. Should be a lively one to say the least. Also, I'm getting hitched next year, so I'm having my 'group' stag do out there this year. I'm having 3 other stag do's also; 2 in England and then another in Cuba before I get married there.
Would you consider Faliraki at all? Despite all the reviews about it becoming an A/I resort for familes, Bar Street and Club Street are still going strong. I went there a few years back and absolutely LOVED it! There are plenty of Watersports and beach parties.

However, with yourselves being 18-19, you may be tempted by Malia. That's the best resort of all the greek islands. It's holiday culture is heavily based on the bottom scale of the 18-30 range so you girls would fit right it and the party never stops. I've never been myself, but have heard rave reviews about it.
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.