Spain - Balearics - Menorca Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Menorca.
If you do decide to go to Menorca pick your resort carefully it can be very quiet and the 13 year old could well be bored.

We went in a Villa last year in Cala Galdana (very beautiful with a lovely beach) for a week with older teens, including 2 girls that were happy sunbathing round a pool reading paperbacks etc and we had a car to go to different resorts of any evening and find lively bars/restarants.

There is one large AI hotel there - the Sol Gavilanes Hotel, Cala Galdana - might be worth researching.

You could also look at Cala n' Bosh, which I believe is aimed at the family tourist market, but I havent visited there as it's not what we need now, that should have some AI's

There is Club Aguamarina in Arenal den Castell that's AI and 3* so should be affordable.

Years ago we stayed in apartments in S'Algar and there is an AI hotel there called The San Luis, might be worth a look, but you would ahve to compromise on the beach as its a mini bus ride away.

I haven't stayed in any of these hotels, just been to the resorts, so they are not personal recommendations just places for you to read up on.

Have you tried the main TO's brochures? They are probably your best chance of getting the type of entertainment you need.
We are returning to the Sur Menorca in Punta Prima in July 2011 (We visited in both 2008 & 2009).

Our son will be 7 when we travel and we know there will be lots of things for him.

The place is non-stop entertainment for those that want to take part - that applies to ALL ages.

Give it a whirl, do your research and then shop round for a good deal. We have paid £1800 for the three of us AI.

Good luck!
AI is killing Menorca's atmosphere and local economies , please look at Canary island
islandboy wrote:
AI is killing Menorca's atmosphere and local economies , please look at Canary island

LOL why are you looking at killing off the atmosphere and local economy in the Canaries instead. :rofl

Surely people have the right to choose the type of holiday they want. Not all AI tourists stay in their hotel from the moment they arrive till the moment they leave.

I would imagine the Menorcan tourist board would rather have an AI tourist than be 7 tourists down this summer. This is two young families that may well go on day trips, visit a water park, have the odd meal out to get a change of scenery, shop in the local tourist shops, for bits and bobs for their kids etc

I would have thought scoobyj's 4K would be welcome in Menorca, in these times when tourism is down generally. It could be an ideal place for two such families. Menorca does holidays for families with young kids very well, they may strike up a love of the Island and come back for many years on many different boards. Your approach is blinkered.
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.