Help And Assistance

Need help and advice on using this forum? Post your queries in here.
Personally not a fan of Blogs or Tweets, however HT over many years did have at various times a General Chat section I thought this is what made it stand out from the crowd and gave it the feel of a community rather than a just an info site. It also encouraged members to visit on a daily basis not just when thinking of holidays. Have you any plans to introduce such a section?
Sanji wrote:
Who was he (Ed) worrying? because he certainly wasn't worrying me, and if a new member wants to start several new threads, what exactly is the problem with that.?
Do people have to get permission from certain people before they can sneeze in this forum?
Sanji

fiona, for one thought the posts were spuspicious and do did I. i didn't say everybody thought they were odd. All I'm saying is that IMO it MIGHT hae been an idea to have told us about Ed and I certainly don't think anybody needs my permission to sneeze. I do feel, however that I need permission from certain people to post and express an opinion becuase atm anything I post that certain members don't agree with gets jumped on- FACT!
if its any consolation we were not given advance notice either, i dont think he was let out, i think he probably escaped through the keyhole :rofl
It isn't a major problem Wiz- just thought it would be ok to state my opinion :think
fiona, for one thought the posts were spuspicious and do did I

If Fiona thought the threads were suspicious, then as an ex-Mod, I'm sure she is fully aware of what the procedure is and contacting a member of the team , and as we have an excellent team who are usually 'on the ball' then I'm sure they would have dealt with any suspicious threads, as they do every day....and actually, if I consider something to be suspicious, I fire a PM off to the Admin/Mods.

The different threads were started by Ed about the Olympics because they all invited a different point of view on several aspects.EG: Are you away? Will you be sad? Will you be glad? etc etc. etc.
The fact that Ed wasn't introduced should make no difference, he could have been a new member who started several threads, and my point is, that he shouldn't have to justify his exsistence on this forum. to you , me or anybody else.
Yes, state your opinion, but don't be surprised if not everybody agrees with you.

Sanji
I don't think either Shirley or I were too bothered about Ed. I put that bit in about think Ed was a spammer in a lighthearted way. I suppose in one way it does show that we are so not used to loads of threads being started at once that we think there is another motive behind it. And I have to admit I didn't read the thread titles properly, skimmed them and thought they were asking the same thing.
Overall, it is what we actually need- more threads. And the Olympic theme deserves a temporary forum of its own IMO as it is really an important event for the UK- really for most, if not all of us, it's a one off.

(edited to change name)
  • Edited by Fiona 2012-07-18 19:58:52
Good point Fiona, I thought your comment was tounge in cheek anyway. At least you are not frightened to start new posts to get the forum moving which is a good thing.

:sun2
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.