Spain - Balearics - Ibiza Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Ibiza.
Mid-May
7 Posts
well its a nice time to go.weather is just right.bit chilly at night.but first thing is stay away from San Miguel.that will be dead.most bars ect are open by then.reason its dead in oct is that once space club closes.and the young ones have gone.most trendy places close up early for winter.others stick it out till last day.reason i say stay clear of San Miguel.is there is nothing much to do up that end .unless you have a hire car.so anywhere in pdb will be fine.
that way you can get to ibizatown easy by bus taxi or walk it.and nip over to san an one day.or santa eulalia just up the coast line.plus your only down the road from airport.10 euro;s in a taxi.any help in booking at atp hotel ask me ok.depends on your budget i guess.but i know them all.
Cheers.
We've stayed at the Torremar/Balansat before and know it has a half-decent entertainment programme (or did, anyway), and I don't imagine the resort has got much livelier.

In the past, we've stayed in PDB, San Antonio, Es Cana, Cala Llonga and San Miguel, but only once so early in the season, and that was 2003 or so at an all-inclusive (put me off AI for life!), but the entertainment, sport package and young kids being able to happily munch all day meant we didn't travel far from the hotel then!

We were looking at the Ebano in PDB too (was where we stayed the first time we took a holiday abroad), but it's a fair bit more (but not out of reach, price wise).

Basically, we are on a tight budget but want somewhere with English entertainment on-site or very close by (I'm not averse to driving, but I have walking difficulties at times, so don't want to be walking a mile uphill for a pint).
We have a 20yr old and a 21yr old - but none of us are into clubbing, just after somewhere with an act on and reasonably priced drinks will do. A decent pool is a must, as is the ability to get into it, and sit near it!
We try to avoid the 18-30 crowds as much as possible.

I had limited my search to hotels I know to be honest, as it's the only reference I have at the moment :)
ok the Ebano is a gps group atps/s/c.not much on the entertainment side.maybe 3 times a week if that.same with most now.apart from the fiesta hotel group which is all day and night.not cheap though.don toni.apart from that you could look at..s/c sal rossa right on the beach.again nothing on till june.the algarb is a gps hotel right on the beach again.all sorts get in there from all over the world.foods not bad.no fridge in room.but fan gels and air con.right across from burgerking/pizzahut.or look at the mare nostrum gps again.gps took over loads of atps hotels 5 years ago.cheap like easyjet.few shows on in massive lounge if enough staying there.

how far can you walk.as having two 20 year old staying in atps or hotel is not good.you could leave them to it.there is murphys irish bar open all night.normal pub prices.down one street there are music bars plus cheapo uno;s.

nothing stopping you going to the don toni/palm beach/bahamas hotels at night to see there shows.you just pay at the bar for beers etc.infact you can walk into any hotel.look round buy a drink ask to have a meal.but see the head waiter and not the desk staff ok.10/to 15 stroll to these hotels.or get a taxi or bus 14 .

i take it you going diy.so book flight.then go onto sites to check prices.
Cheers, will discuss with the missus and kids and get prices. When we last went, the Ebano had something on 6 nights, but it was years ago and things can change a lot :)
It will be DIY as its much, much cheaper that way (took us a while to get the courage to do it that way, but I'll never do a package again). Even looking at driving down to Luton for the flights, as they seem to be a lot cheaper (even taking diesel into account) - although Easyjet haven't released NW airports to Ibiza prices yet.

The kids can find their own entertainment, they're old enough and ugly enough. Distance wise, I can certainly manage say Ebano to the Dausol cafe/restaurant on a good day as PDB is pretty much flat, but I've always found Ibiza taxis to be reasonable and reliable anyway.
Dausol 2.you mean.i know the owner.keeps asking me to work for him as a joke.i know a lot don;t like to use them .but you thought of a wheelchair to help you around.its not the most wheelchair friendly resort.but a least you can get about more.
join easyjets mews lettters.that way you should know when flights are out then.
After a lot of um'ing and ah'ing, price checks, reviews, recommendations etc, we settled on the Balansat in San Miguel. Partly due to cost, but also because there's entertainment on and it's a relatively quiet place (compared to PDB/San An etc).
Managed to do the flights and 3 apartments for 4 people for £160 each, which isn't bad! (Also leaves enough for car hire and a few extras we hadn't expected to be able to afford)
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.