General Chat

Start a debate or just have a natter its all happening in the General Chat forum!
my eldest brother was stationed at RAF Medmenham in the 1960's it was not on the map [officially] even then

although only a youngster i was aware of what work went on there but as with all military families of that era it was never openly discussed, i use to visit 2 or 3 times a year primarily to fish for free on the Thames as the station had its own river frontage

I haven had time to see the program but from the trailers i was disappointed [as usual] with the disproportional amount of credit given to the Super marine Spitfire,[as is for the battle of Britain] other aircraft were used especially for long range work including my favourite wood and canvas construction the Mosquito..

I remember walking to the local pub with the family [the Dog and Badger] which was full of RAF & WW2 memorabilia, visited a few years back and it was like any pub belonging to a large group, no atmosphere, all apart from a couple of photo's gone soulless...[but i still have memories of a great time and having a drink or two [i was about 13 at the time] but back then who cared ]
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.