Cyprus Discussion Forums

Discussions regarding holidays in Cyprus
you may consider going into Paralimni a much bigger traditional town with a larger choice of eateries
Hi nicnic

I saw this post a little while back and i have been thinking all the time on what could be a nice trip or restaurant for your partner.

The restaurant i would choose is called
http://www.cyprus.com/la-cultura-de-gusto-restaurant.html

http://www.tripadvisor.co.uk/Restaurant_Review-g667803-d1802110-Reviews-La_Cultura_Del_Gusto-Protaras_Paralimni_Famagusta_District.html

We went there for my fiends birthday. If you wander down there, tell them its a special treat or occasion they will make it special, you do have to make reservation, beautiful food and lovely romantic surroundings. The restaurant is in the Pernera area, you can walk from protaras, taxi or bus. It takes about 20 mins walking. As soon as you hit the pernera beach hotel near the sea, you are in the correct part.

Also a fun day out, i cannot recommend enough the Red Bus Tour : -

Here is the itinerary
There are 2 different tours. The village tour goes around passing through some of the villages on the east coast and goes along the green line where you can see into the occupied area of Cyprus. You will have a short break at a local kiosk where you can get a refreshment or fresh fruit. and commentary on the area. This tour lasts approx 2 1/2 hours(morning trip).

The other tour goes over the border into the occupied area (you will need passport). You will spend some time in the walled area of famagusta for shopping/food or sight seeing. You will then be taken to the beach at Varosha which isin front of the area they called the 'ghost town'. This is where the residents had to leave during the occupation of Cyprus. It basically stands the same way as it did in 1974. The town is fenced off and guarded by UN staff. You can see the buildings that were bombed etc.This tour lasts4/5 hours

Both trips are great value for money and the information given is very good and the guys who do the tours are great fun too.

Heres is their web site : -
http://www.redbuscyprus.com/Home.aspx

We went to the ghost town/Varosha, fantastic, different and you learn such a lot about the culture but have lots of fun on a red double decker bus.

I hope this helps, or at least given you an idea

Michelle :)
Thank you for your replies - much appreciated.

Derwentrocker - the La Cultura Del Gusto looks like just the sort of place I'm after. Thank you.

Only 11 weeks...I cant wait!
Glad to be of help nin nic. For the red tour bus you can book direct from their web site or in resort they have like travel agents shops, they sell the trip from protaras and pernera. Pernera is a lovely little resort, great for food and nice beaches. Instead of walking the road way, try the beach promenade, its beautiful and you can stop off for a drink or something to eat a long the way.

The La Cultura is mainly adults but sometimes kids come, but its beautiful inside, the toilets are very hip and funky. If you like steak, try the steak with jack daniels sauce, mmm.
I love going into Famagusta, the Venetian Palace , the historical sights within the walls, the narrow cobbled streets with cafes and shops . I love ancient buildings , The design and the skills that went into these places, I think is amazing.
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.