Cyprus Discussion Forums

Discussions regarding holidays in Cyprus
HI ....

Protaras is very lively, its the sister part to Ayia Napa and about 4 miles via taxis or cheap bus.

Ayia napa is extremely lively, October would be a great time to visit because all the clubbers have gone home.
It has a lovely fishing port, lots of shops, restaurants, bars and also a couple of miles from Waterworld theme park.

Next door to WW (if it is still there) is a go kart park, you can usually see it from the park.

Nissi beach is in Ayia Napa, i have never been, my mum did not like it, but the youngsters and not so young tend to like the disco music and drinks by the beach.

Protaras is a mini Ayia napa, there they have the famous fig tree bay, gorgeous turquiose sea, but narrow beach. Lots of themed bars, nightclubs etc. They have the Aylious church up on the hill, it has a lot of steps, but the views are amazing.

Most of the hotels in and around ayia napa and protaras and pernera have now all inclusive hotels or half board. Some brochures state whether it is a lively hotel to include the things you mention.

We always stay in Pernera, i tend to think the food and staff are more friendly, its cheaper than the other two places, smaller but quiant. But saying this, there is a coastal path leading to protaras, you can also walk road way.

These resorts are are busy or as quiet as you want them to be. Towards the end of October some places do shut up, the ones that are open maybe few and far between.

You can hire a car, this takes you all over, quite reasonable in price, drive on the left, and not much traffic.

It takes an hour from Larnaca to reach any of the above.

In pernera i have stayed several times in each of the following............

The golden Coast Hotel AI

The Livas Apts

The Pernera beach hotel several times.

I would read reviews on all sites to ensure you get the hotel you need for your requirements.

I hope that helps a little

Happy holidays :)
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.