Spain - Canary Islands - Lanzarote Discussion Forums

Discussions regarding holidays in Lanzarote.
I would always book the flights first. The place you want to go to may only have flights on a certain day of the week for instance. Its always much easier to find accommodation than flights.
I'd book the flights first. Not sure when flights are released, where you want to fly from? Which resort in Lanzarote do you want to stay in?
Thanks - I did think that was the safest thing to do!

We are looking at Puerto Del Carmen and could fly from Cardiff / Bristol or Birmingham at a push.

We have been in contact with owners of some lovely apartments that are available but I'm afraid they'll get snapped up before the flights come out :(
Most accommodation owners will be aware of the flight situation as everyone will be in the same boat. You can show an interest and then do your flight search ASAP. Some airlines have their flights for next year already out so start looking. If a particular airlines aren't out yet then sign up for their email and they'll notify you of release date :tup
fitzmum, the apartments won't be snapped up, as you say, until people have actually got flights booked. Glynis's advise is sound!
Fitzmum , I've booked private rentals in Lanzarote quite a few times and the quality and value is very good , there is a lot of rentals available to suit all needs , also car hire is very reasonable there and it's easy to drive around even for a novice .
Just a word of warning about DIY Holidays. We were in the same position as you with me and my sister both getting older and we decided to do this, not to lanzarote but the same idea. We found ourselves in the terrible situation of having to cut our holiday short due to illness and we found not having the support of a travel rep made the whole ordeal even more difficult.
If you know the resort well enough to be able to deal with a hospital yourself that's not so bad but we didn't at the time.
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.