Spain - Canary Islands - Fuerteventura Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Fuerteventura.
Hi stansimmons ... I have merged your enquiry with this existing topic about the complex. You may like to have a browse through previous posts while you wait for further feedback.

David :wave
We had booked to stay here in August with our 4 kids but cancelled it last year after reading some pretty bad reviews on Trip Advisor. We are now going to Turkey. It cost us another £900 but am so glad as more and more reviews are appearing and saying how bad the place is.

We are quite realistic travellers and read hotel reviews with an open mind. We have stayed in hotels and had a great time and wonder how people can be so negative about their stay. We often think people are so picky!

So now I look at maybe 20 reviews and see how many are negative and and how many are positive. The Oasis Papagayo seems to have many more negative reviews with complaints about cold food, dangerous pool areas, money being stolen, lack of entertainment.

I can't believe Thomsons are still selling this hotel
i went for a little walk round the place last september, mucky horrible place
More terrible reports about this hotel on TA, robberies, run down apartments and pool areas! Poor food and non-existant entertainment. So glad we changed our holiday. £4500 for a 2 week holiday, I would not have been happy!

louise
ive got loads of photo's of this place that i took last year, although ive been informed that they have got there fingers out and pulled it back to a good standard, but i wouldn't risk it untill good reports come back, then again i wouldn't stay there it looks great in the glossy mags ect.. but in reality its not the same it just felt very drab and depressing place to stay,
Well I stayed there twice in 2009 and to call it a drab, depressive, mucky, horrible little place is, to put it mildly, ridiculous. We certainly wouldn't go back to any complex that fitted that lovely description. You have used a lot of descriptive adjectives but write little of substance to back them up, fairly typical of the forum comments/reviews people should be wary of, especially those posted by people who haven't even stayed there !

The truth is the complex is large, low-rise and spread out with well-tended attractive landscaping throughout. The apartments are fairly basic inside but clean. The maids cleaned 5 out of 7 days and changed the towels every 2 or 3 days. My only real gripe was the gap of a week between linen changes. We were self-catering and never attended the complex entertainment so can't comment on the quality of the food or the entertainment but we had a very pleasant stay as did several other couples we know who have also stayed there.
if i knew how to put photo's up i would just to prove my point, ok its been taken over now. they have even built a so called Olympic style size pool (i do belive there is a charge for this at atound 3/4 euros an HOUR). when i walked round the place it was a mess end of. and if you thought it was clean i would hate to see your own home!!!!
Please try to keep things friendly folks & respect each other's opinions. Thanks :tup
Don't worry, Glynis. I'm cool. Everyone is entitled to an opinion, but I am always wary of any reviews that use such strong, high impact language littered with exclamation marks. I would always advise anyone to read the more objective real reviews by people who have actually stayed at a complex (and know what a capital letter is), that's all. As for that last comment in her post, I will just treat it with the contempt it deserves.
Stayed there twice about 5 years ago and it was all fine.
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.