America/Canada Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in America and Canada
Hi and welcome to HT!

Where are you staying in Vegas?

For shows I would recommend Jersey Boys or Beatles Love which is a Cirque du Soleil show.

The hotels in themselves are sights and you could easily spend a couple of days wandering through them all. Don't miss the fountains at Bellagio, especially at night. They go off every 15 minutes. Also the gondolas inside and outside the Venetian.

If you like steak then Mon Ami Gabi at Paris is reasonable and if you wait for a table on the patio you get a view of the fountains. The Cheesecake Factory is at the Forum Shops at Caesars Palace.

For buffets we like Mirage, Paris and the MGM for the medium range ones. More expensive ones are Wynn, Bellagio and Aria which are very good.

The Fashion Show Mall at the north of the strip has loads of shops and there is also the Miracle Mile at Planet Hollywood. There are a couple of outlets both north and south which you can get to on the SDX bus from the strip or about $15-20 in a taxi.
Jersey Boys is a definite
Le Reve- Cirque de Soleil
i think we are the only people in the world who was really disappointed with the jersey boys show there in vegas anybody i speak to really enjoyed it....but all different im suppose i think a visit to freemont St a must i prefer it up there now than the strip just my view...
Freemont street would be one place I would go one evening, if you go on the bus go on to the bus station so you know the way and catch it back from there , you will miss the crowd getting on at Freemont street
I would have to agree that Fremont St is a must see. I would suggest going there in the evening so that, when the lights go out on the hour every hour, the effect is more dramatic. It helps if you like rock music (you'll see what I mean) but, even if you don't, there is a lot to see and do there.
Here are some great suggestions above however if this is your first time I can not recommend enough just looking around all the Hotels and the special attractions at these.

Bellagio - the fountains (free, outside) and the gardens (free, inside)
Mirage - The volcanoe show (free, outside)
Caesars Palace - Fall of Atlantis (free, inside)
Treasure Island - Pirate Show (free, outside)
Venetian - The Ariste del Arte performance (free) and gondola ride (paid)
Paris - Go up the Eiffel Tower (paid)

The hotels are massive and the shopping areas within them are big enough to spend hours in.

Freemont Street is a must BUT go at night as that's when it really comes to life with all the shows and LCD roof show.

One thing I would highly recommend is that you carefully plan what hotels you will see one one day and what you will see the next as we made this mistake first time around and you could end up you wasting time going back and forth from one end of the strip to the other.
I would also recommend the open top tour bus. We did this to get our bearings and its good to hear some of the stories. We did this actually because I was worried I would get overtired ( long term health problem) but it was something I was glad we did anyway.
Fiona: I have never thought about doing the open bus tour - What kind of stories do they tell?

Also just remembered I know its not an attraction but there is a Pub called the Crown and Anchor that is a great place to eat off the strip. Its tried to emulate an English pub (restaurant type pub) but it is very very nice and the service is 10/10. We ate here most nights - they serve a lot of English food and drinks (inc alcoholic) such as bangers and mash, and fish and chips and even import Heinz Baked Beans :) Anyone going to Vegas please give this place a visit as I can guarantee you will definitely be going back.
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.