Far East

Discussions regarding holidays in the Far East.
Etihad are the better of the two, though their reputation has slipped a little lately. Vietnam aren't bad though.

Depends whether you mind having a stopover or not. Etihad will stop at Abu Dhabi, but I believe there is a non stop flight from Gatwick to Ho Chi Minh which will mean a shorter journey.
Thanks Judith :tup The Etihad flight is from Manchester which is better for us as we live up North. It stops in Abu Dhabi for an hour so I'm guessing that's just for refuel and we probably won't be able to get off. I have read poor reports about both airlines which is why I'm unsure who to book with.
I would go with the Etihad one Tracy, they are better than Vietnam and the convenience of being able to fly from Manchester would make up for the stop over which only being one hour is really no big deal. Sometimes I find it better on long flights to have a stopover as it breaks up the journey. I'm for ever looking at my watch, and saying to myself only another six hours rather than OMG 12hrs why am I doing this to myself once again actually makes the journey feel shorter.
Yeah I was swaying more towards Etihad. Thanks for your help Judith...appreciated :tup
I have travelled with Etihad in the past (LHR-Abu Dhabi). Superb airline with wonderful in-flight amenities.
Oh I'm so glad about that Jane cos that's who we booked with. ;) 4 weeks to go can't wait!
TRACYM,

Good Choice I must say! What class are you travelling?
Economy.....I can't justify paying the prices they charge for business class.
Etihad Business is a little pricier but the in-flight amenities in Business class are really worth the price. But Economy class cabins are comfortable nonetheless
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.