Algarve/Portugal/Madeira/Azores Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in the Algarve
Re: Tavira 2014.
30 Posts
That's it then, cases packed waiting for the taxi. Tavira here we come.
Well we are here, studio is very nice right in the heart of Tavira. Had a good night in the Irish bar last night good singer on, had some nice food over the days, we are going on our first trip today not far, just on the local bus to Santa Luzia.
Those are the best trips- you do exactly what you want. :)
So here we are after our trip to Santa Luzia, we went via the local bus 4,50 euros one way for two.we had walk up and the front and then set out to find the resaurant on my list of one for her only to find it did not open on Monday lunch time.We did find another one along the front, we had Sardines with boiled potatoes and salad along with a jug of house white wine and a coffee to finish all very nice. Then more walking to walk of our lunch a few photos and then back on the bus to Tavira,a nice way to pass the day, it's the beach tomorrow.
So here we are again back in the studio with the ac on full blast it has been so hot even with the wind, had the small river boat trip to Tavira island 3.80 euros return for two. Sun beds and shade 13 euros, had a good lazy day just having a chill out before shower and a nice meal from the restaurant list.
You are good sticking with the list! I tend to plan to do a lot and then ignore it all when I get there :D
Here in the NE of Scotland it has been a fine sunny day- I am sitting in the living room without any heating on :rofl
I remember the sunbeds being expensive in the Algarve. We've just returned from La Carihuela and they were €4pp.

It was very hot there too Dave.
So here we are back home it all passed by so quick two weeks gone in a flash, we had a great time a few wines a few beers, lots of great food never got round all my restaurant list went to some of them more than once and one of them 3 times it was so good.
This year we stayed in a studio called Studio39 right in the main town of Tavira, it is the first floor of a 200 year old house that has been done up with what looks like Ikea furniture, nice shower with piping hot water and nice fluffy towels.
Plug points were you need them, near mirrors for the lady's hair dryers, A/C that worked and nice big double doors that opened on to the main road to people watch if you wanted.
As put we went to the beach a few times and just had a good rest never used the restaurants at the back but there must have been 10 0r 12 if you wanted a nice meal mostly fish, the beach here is one of the many sand spits and is about 6 mile long so if you like a nice long walk this is the place.
The town puts on lots of music for the local people and it is nice to see some of the old traditional Fado and Dancing, that you don't see in the other tourist resorts.
We had some really nice food Chicken and Pork being the main stay along with so good fish as well as some very good steaks, I like the Pork Ribs best with lots of Piri Piri sauce on them, only had one bad meal the food was ok it was the service, we had the bread butter, paste and olive then soup followed by the main, but what got my goat was as soon as you put your spoon down for the soup the plate was gone and I was still eating, and again with the main I still had food in my mouth and the plate was wiped away and asked if I wanted a sweet, not very good and I have to say he knew about it when I had finished.
The Irish bar no longer do Karaoke on a Saturday night, I did miss that as it is the only place I know that did it, so no sing song for me this time. Lots of local wine and beer went down well and even a few and it was a few pops went down, only when I was hot.
Had three trips out and about used the bus once and the train twice, bus to Santa Luzia, train to Faro and Vila Real never went over to Spain this year but did get plenty of tea towels and a new table cloth.
So with all the walking round Tavira the Castle all the Church's round the back streets the old town walls along with popping in and out of the shops the holiday just went in a flash, we now look forward to the next one in October when we will be of to Tenerife.
If you are ever thinking of going to Tavira and would like to know anything about it just ask.
Dave
Glad you had such a good time Dave :tup You just have to buy a tablecloth, there's just so many of them.

Food sounds lovely & you did really well to only have one spoilt meal. I do like the food in Portugal :tup
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.