General Chat

Start a debate or just have a natter its all happening in the General Chat forum!
Who are you?
2 Posts
I'm Sanji :-D
I joined HT in 2004 and people thought I was a male and Indian. I've kept the same avatar all these years because I like cats, the colour red and all kinds of music (apart from rap). So having a red cat with a musical cleft coming out of its head seemed very apt.
Sanji was the name of my cat, it's a long story, but basically she was a stray wandering the streets in a bad condition in a predominately Asian area. She was still a kitten herself and had recently given birth to a litter somewhere. She lived to 21 years old and passed away nearly 3 years ago. I won't get another cat because I don't want to go through the emotions again.

I have lived in South Yorkshire all my life...now I'm a silver haired cantankerous old Yorkshire lass. :lol:
I have two boys, one 46 and the other 36 years old in a couple of months time. When they were younger we went on holiday to places such as mainland Spain, & the islands, Greece & Islands, Italy and Turkey. ...Turkey over 25 years ago when Turkey was expensive and considered to be 'exotic'.

It was horrible, the TO described the hotel as being adorned with Turkish rugs... the truth being that they were thread bare and a death trap, the food was terrible and I got eaten alive by mozzies, causing a secondary infection, and I had to be hospitalised on my return to the UK......So never again!
We also had some great holidays down in Devon in Woolacombe and Combe Martin. In December 2010 we (me and hubby) went to Australia for 7 weeks.

Now we are very restricted on where we can go because of my health problems, and getting any Insurance which will cover it, has been frustrating to say the least. So now we just go to Malaga, because I feel a little bit more secure in a place that's close to the airport with plenty of flights back to the UK.

For the time being we have the EHIC card, but, the one and only time I ever wanted to use it since its existence. I went to the state hospital in Malaga and was told that I needed to be admitted for some intravenous antibiotics, and then I was told sorry THEY WERE FULL.!
Luckily, it wasn't anything that the Insurance company could connect to Crohn's and I ended up in a private hospital in Malaga opposite the Cathedral.

Which brings me onto La Carihuela. ...
A little fishing village between Torremolinos town centre and Benalmadena that I fell in love with many, many years ago. It's like my second home. The village has a preservation order on it, so no high rise building and the original fishing buildings are still in situ in parts.
I never get tired of visiting the place, I know most of the people in the village and if I was a lot younger, I'd live there permanently tomorrow...
It's my biggest regret in life as I've always loved Spain and I went to day classes to learn the language, but like everything else, if you don't use it, you lose it.

That's enough about me. :smile:
Sanji x
  • Edited by Sanji 2017-03-02 10:31:28
    TMI and typo errors
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.