General Chat

Start a debate or just have a natter its all happening in the General Chat forum!
Too hot....help!
10 Posts
I bought this and it's brilliant. I got it second hand so it was a real bargain.
Im assuming that you have an upstairs and that's where you sleep. Before going to bed open any outside door at the bottom of the stairs and open all your bedroom windows and doors. Chimney effect should flush out stored warm air and replace it with relatively cooler air from outside. Keep an eye on the outer door for security reasons. If you have a loft hatch, open it to allow heat to rise up there out of the way. Apart from having a fan that's all apart from throwing your quilt out.
  • Edited by Frank 2017-06-19 21:37:42
    Spelling correction.
I don't like bugs in the house, so my windows stay closed which doesn't help.

My hall temperature is showing 30 ° at 10 - 45pm.....I'm melting lol.
My house is either boiling hot or like a fridge.

I have a cool bath/shower just before going to bed and let my skin 'air dry', don't wear any night clothes (cheeky) and lay on top of covers.
Husband is relegated to spare bedroom, gawd, it would be torture in a double bed with him throwing off heat. Lol.

I absolutely love the heat and these kind of temperatures when on holiday next to the sea, but not at home.....it's a different kind of heat and it's not good for those with asthma/copd.

Sanji x
  • Edited by Sanji 2017-06-19 22:04:37
Tip?

Move to Scotland, it's been pleasant but not roasting :D
I highly recommend cooling pillow- never had a problem with sleeping hot. It does a superb job of supporting my head and neck. Only downside is that it's quite hard when cold, but softens up as you lay on it.Or, just get an old time hot water bottle, those red ones, and fill it with ice water, then put it between two thin pillows in one pillowcase. Voila, cool all night.
  • Edited by Fiona 2020-07-22 19:34:29
What is a cooling pillow?
Its memory foam gel pillow where the cooling gel beads are bonded with the foam.
  • Edited by Fiona 2020-07-22 19:32:47
Is this it?

https://www.jmldirect.com/at-home/home-accessories/chillmax-pillow-cooling-gel-insert-for-all-pillows/

We have stand fans which I only ever need on the first setting. Hubby takes the front cover off as he swears you get lots more waft 👍
On 17th August 2017 at 07:00pm, stream26 said:
I highly recommend cooling pillow- never had a problem with it sleeping hot. It does a superb job of supporting my head and neck. Only downside is that it's quite hard when cold, but softens up as you lay on it.Or, just get an old time hot water bottle, those red ones, and fill it with ice water, then put it between two thin pillows in one pillowcase. Voila, cool all night.
Hmm, I may have to keep this in mind for future use. :)
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.