Flight Only / Airline and Airports

Discussions relating to flight only, airlines and airports.
Joe
Thanks for the memory jog,forgotten about the DC9 and the caravelle.Old age I guess.Good fun though.When my kids were small went on a BAC to mahon and took the kids up to flight deck.Made a fuss of them.great memories of dan dare!!
BA insigated the takeover of Dan Air early in 1992 as "Project Quick" and was selling Dan Air aircraft log before the "Rescue of Dan Air" took place in November 1992. It was a corprate mugging; Lord King of BA was a non exec director of Lloyds Bank. Funny then, that is was Lloyds who called in their debt.
PS. Dan Air were making a profit at Gatwick at the time of the takeover whereas BA had lost £70million in the same year.
It sucked then and the odour still exists at Gatwick.....
Hi V1
Dan Air as well as Laker had faces that didn't fit, it's a shame because like Betamax and the BskyB's squarerial they were far superior than there rivals.

Joe :cry:
There is an old Dan Air plane at East Fortune Air Museum in East Lothian up here in Scotland.
It also houses a Concorde 8)
Our first ever holiday(to Athens in 1977 ) was with Dan-Air. We thought they were brilliant.

oh, the good old days!!!!!!!!!!!
Our first holiday to Ibiza Dan Dare BAC-1-11 /Cosmos from East Midlands, 280 quid for 4 of us half board those were the days.
MY first holiday abroad was with good old dan dair about 23 year ago went from machester to gerona staying in callela. first time i had ever been on a plane it was scary we were with a firm i think were called intersun staying in the hotel espaina right on the beach front. dont know if it is still there but met some good people from wigan,hull,cardiff and glasgow often wondered what happed to them o memorys

the fatboy :lol: :lol: :lol:
No you haven't got it wrong, I worked for Dan A ir for 11 years, best job I ever had, they were a great bunch of collegues, and it was Horrendous when we were told we had no jobs, it was a great demise. and I Will certainly not fly with British Airways EVER out of Principal.
Hi Charlie and welcome. Bet you could sympathise with the distraught Monarch crew this week. Are you still working in the same industry?
Dan air was my first ever flight abroad we were going on our honeymoon went to Santa Susanna on Costa brava - hotel pinsmar. So that was September 6 1989. We we were sat in what would have been exit row seats but we're actually sitting backwards and trying to avoid the people's knees that we were sat opposite. We were asked smoking or non smoking lol
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.