General Chat

Start a debate or just have a natter its all happening in the General Chat forum!
The Flu.
14 Posts
Omg sorry to hear this Sanji! Have heard about it of course & odd friends & family have had various forms of colds & flu but so far touch wood none of my immediate family have had the really "knock out" version.

Just hope I haven't spoken too soon!!!!

Mind you I was really peed off today walking through a shopping centre. I heard it before I saw it, this loud barking cough. I then spotted the owners. Man & woman walking along, he keeps bending practically doubled over, whilst, mouth wide open, attempts to regurgitate his lungs! She was marginally better as at least she was upright.

I grabbed the neck of my jumper & pulled it up to my eyes (luckily was a big rolled neck one) as we passed them hoping they'd get the hint to cover their bloody mouths!

I hope you are both better soon & am so sorry the last day of your holiday was spoilt. Nothing worse than having to travel when your ill.

I remember last year having a really heaving cold. Started on boxing Day & we were flying to Fuerteventura on the 5th January. There was no way could I have packed my suitcase had it been any closer to travelling so I feel for you both xxx
I get the flu vaccine ( and also pneumonia one this year) I had about 9 days over Christmas where I wasn't great but only one day where I just couldnt get up.
I have never had the flu. I have had man flu though ;)
Hope you are feeling better now Sanji, I've never had the flu, I understand that it can really knock you out for some time. I've had some really nasty colds over the years though, often when travelling when I've had to drag myself to the plane.
At the moment we are flying to the UK every few weeks and it's odds on that one of us will pick up a cold from someone on the plane. OH has had two since the beginning of December already.
I've had some nasty colds in the past that has developed into a serious chest infection and on a few occasions caused me to be hospitalised.
This flu is in a league of its own. When you get it, you'll know this ain't no cold.

On the flight home I thought my head would explode with the pain and every part of your body aches. You're burning up, yet have cold shivers, it was 3 hours of not knowing what to do with yourself and I cannot remember the short journey home from Donny airport.

Dave is up and pottering around the house, but he's tiring very easily, and like me, he hasn't been through the door since arriving home. Luckily we have plenty of food in the freezer and any weight we might have gained eating in a 4 star hotel with gala meals has been lost since arriving home.

Sanji x
You have my sympathy, Sanji, I've had flu twice and it fair knocks your legs out from under you - hope you are well on the road to recovery now. To be honest, I'm not sure how my Mum and I escaped it given we spent 3 days over Hogmanay with 70+ people including loads of kids. Yes, we had our flu jabs back in November but I know of others who did too but have still gone down with this winter's variant.
Did you both have the flu jab this year ?
Yes, first week in October at local chemist.
You get the cheaper version via the NHS.

http://www.harrowhealthcare.co.uk/four-strain-flu-influenza-vaccine/

Sanji x
I also went on 1st October. Got mine at tesco. I know I can get it for free at my drs but its just more convenient for me.
After this episode of illness that we have had, I'm seriously considering paying for the 4 strain vaccine next year.

We go to the local chemist for convenience 👍 My doctor is a car ride away.

Sanji x
Thats interesting Sanji didnt realise there were different options. Had my jab at the docs in October as I was going to Aus and it was Aus flu that was supposed to be the threat. Touch wood U have been ok didnt even get a cold at Christmas which I usually do.
We got ours in Asda for convenience. Mine was about £7.50, hubby's was free as he has diabetes.
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.