Africa/Middle East Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Africa/Middle East inc.Dubai
jordan
7 Posts
dead sea is always warm if not hot or extremely hot. have been there last May. it was too hot in the day (more than 40C). we stayed in Mariot hotel. it is much better than movenpic. however, there is not much to do. a couple of resturant and bars in the hotel and thats it. in the night there was some oriental dance show out in the garden of the hotel. the view and sunset is amazing. not warth to stay more than one day and night.
Hello. I went swimming in the dead sea close to your hotel on Christmas Day and the sea and weather were both warm. Because you are at the lowest point on the earth it means you are closer to the earths centre ( only a little but its true) and this has quite an effect. Take beach type shoes as there is a layer of salt encrusted rocks as you go into the water and they are very sharp and unpleasant.
We toured Jordan a couple of years ago and visited the Dead sea for a day, stopping (I believe) at the Movenpick. It had a good pool and a slide - not just for kids! On the beach you can float in the sea (don't get the water on your face and, especially, your eyes; it stings like hell. Then you can have a free coating of mud applied by a member of the hotel staff.
If you can, I would recommend you book trips to visit other parts of the country.
hello everyone

Has anyone been to Jordon on a package deal? If so can you tell which tour operators you used.

Does anyone know of any tour operators go to Jordon? I am looking for somewhere special for my honeymoon nexy May.

Any help would be gratefully received

Thanks

mnemc :shock:
we went to jordan in march 05 we booked hotel and flights with travelocity
and arranged transfers with the movenpick dead sea.
If you fancy staying at this hotel it is worth paying a little extra and booking a premier room as they have their own pool and jacuzzi which is adult only.
we used hertz taxi from the hotel to visit Petra (well worth a whole day)stopping at mount nebo on the way to see the veiws and moses cross. Amman (great shopping)and sites. The Babtism site (about 2 hours) round trip as it is about 20 mins from hotel they gave me discounts on all of our trips and the lady driver Taghreed has got to be one of the most helpful we have ever came across.
The movenpick has a great spa if you just feel like being pampered and the dead sea is relaxing and good for your skin with all the minerals and salts.Its also the safest place to sunbath as the strong sun rays are filtered
being 1000ft below sea level the best thing about jordan is its sunsets
if want to see some photos of jordan go to the photo gallery under other that i posted we had A great time money well spent so go for it

steven338uk :D
Longwoods do packages to Jordan.
No experience of Jordan, but their service in Egypt is very good.

http://www.longwoodholidays.co.uk/
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.