Greece - Rhodes Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Rhodes.
One of my clients and her husband have just recently returned from these apartments. She said that they were lovely and in a quiet area. Dont know how that sounds for the teenagers, but she says ithe apts are walking distance to the beach. I've tried to book them for September this year, but I cannot get availability.
thanks Jade - can you find out how steep it is from the beach to the apartments ? Been checking the reviews on other Lindos apartments and is sounds too steep for my hubby - he has breathing problems.
http://www.holidaywatchdog.com/10354-Lindos-Lindos_View_Apartments-Holiday-Review.html

You'll get the info you require on this link. Was going to cut and paste a review, but you are better checking it out yourself. I know Thomson holidays say that it is not suitable for people with walking difficulties.
It is fairly steep up to Lindos View from the beach but if you walk across to the bus terminus there are regular courtesy buses to take you to and from the main square and main beach. This only operates during the day but you could easily walk down into the village at night and get a taxi back to Lindos View from the main square.
To be honest you have two very nice swimming pools at Lindos View and that's the reason most people choose to stay there. If you're more into the beach you'd be better off staying in the centre of Lindos. The centre of the village is fairly flat but it's a steep hill from here down to the beaches and another steep hill up to Lindos View/Krana hill. It's easy enough walking down to the beach from the centre and you can use the free bus from the main beach to get you back to the main square or a donkey if you're down on Pallas beach.
Hope this helps, anymore just ask :D
Thanks a lot I think we'd better think it out again! Problem is trying to find somewhere suitable for me & hubby but also satisfying the demands of our 2 teenagers. We love the quaintness of somewhere like Lindos, and being able to try different places to eat and drink at night. Our kids however have been spoilt by the convenience of all inclusive and all the activities and entertainment that brings. I think the answer is to keep looking!
You might want to have a look at Pefkos - that's more family orientated with a few all inclusive options. It's just a short taxi ride from Lindos but you'll probably find more suitable accommodation.
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.