France and Channel Hopping Discussion

Discussions regarding holidays and channel hopping in France.
Giverny
5 Posts
I am green with envy - I've always wanted to visit Monet's garden!

Sadly so do many others, and it is a popular coach tour from Paris with the American Art Museum thrown in for good measure!

Get there as early as possible - preferably half an hour before it opens .. is it possible to buy timed tickets in advance - or just any tickets in advance to save queueing? I bet there's a website for this!

Have a great time!
Thank you - haven't been able to find an offical web site, just loads of tour companies offering packages...
We are driving over on the Friday and staying 40kms from Giverny, so not far - if we get up early, but it's supposed to be a break!
We were in France last year in May but thought it too early to see the garden at its best and didn't go. Probably better to go on a week day but this isn't a holiday (real one to Egypt in August) so guess we'll just have to grin and bear it.
I have wanted to go since I was 18 and first studied History of Art, almost 30 years ago, so I've waited a long time!!!
Try http://www.giverny.org you should find some useful info here!
Thank you - that was excellent. Wish I'd found it before I booked our accommodation!

C'est la vie!
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.