DIY Holidays

Discussion relating to DIY holidays
Try this link

http://www.xl.com/

If you put the code calis in it gives you a further 15 pounds off the flights.

Can't help with apartments though, which resort are they in?
I've just had a great flight deal from Travel Republic for Oct 2006 to Dalaman, but try also Freedom Flights, Flydeals (if they have them yet) and also some of the COOP's sites suchas Holidays-Direct and Instant Holidays (be sure to ask for child prices if you need them as they don't always give them automatically - child age can vary from company to company so worth checking if 13 year old qualifies - same with hotels). Also one thing to watch with Coop web sites.... often good prices are quoted on line but when you ring up they have 'just gone up' but they still continue to advertise the same low prices for months even when flights like those in 2006 are well in advance ! :evil:
Also Coop and Travel Republic will try and price beat the competition if they can so get back to them with lowest quotes.
Where are you flying from/ to ????- this may be helpful in assisting you further.
As for booking your hotel - I usually use a Google search putting hotel and resort name in and see what comes up and compare prices. Also use hotel reviews sites which often have links / information on which companies that have / do use them - Trip advisor website is a good one.
Can anyone use that code on xl?
Yes. I used it to book flights for next year.
Great.
Thanks very much. :D
Hi all
Thanks for the replies and the code.
The hotel is is altinkum. I have already priced up flights for next year and they total around the £1200 mark with cheapest flights.
Think I will try after Christmas and see if they come down as it will be cheaper to package book for us self catering at these prices.

Michelle
Hi Michelle,
I have just come back from a DIY holiday in Altinkum. Our flights were around £230 each for good day time flights, so I don't think cheapest flights are the cheapest! Try http://www.airflights.co.uk or http://www.flightline.co.uk

I paid £200 for 2 weeks in a lovely privately rented apartment with shared pool, so you may find DIY works out cheaper than package. Do bear in mind that private airport transfer will work out around £40 each way with DIY, but much quicker than coach dropping off loads of other people at different places, and generally you'll get a much better apartment than with a package.

We had a good holiday in Altinkum, hope you enjoy it too!

lanzafan
We stayed in Altinkum 2 years ago at the Panormos (right at the top of the road!) for our honeymoon and would love to take the kids with us this time. They are 17 and 13 so will have to pay adult prices.
Hi Lanzafan

I just checked out thosed sites you recommended.
The first one doesnt have dates available for August 2006 yet.
The second site gave me dates and prices (£290 each) - but still with the cost of 3 adults and 1 child the price is £1200+ including supplements etc.
I think it will still be cheaper booking package for us this time unless the prices go down after Christmas.
Thanks for the help
Michelle
XL airways seem to be coming up with the cheapest prices for next year up to now.
Airflights Direct bring the next month out at the end of the current month so August 06 will be out at the end of this month - if you know what I mean :?
I amwaiting for next summers flights to come out on the http://www.flythomascook.com website. You can book each flight seperately with them and last year they were by far the cheapest prices.
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.