Africa/Middle East Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Africa/Middle East inc.Dubai
Welcome to HT Rach1!
haven't been there but the weather looks as if it would be perfect. Just put in your dates here to see what to expect.

Have a look at the Eilat city guide here
I had a tour of Israel, followed by a week in Eilat in Nov.2000. The tour was terrific, would love to go back there.
Eilat was fairly quiet at the time we visited, people friendly. I learned to snorkel at the Coral Reef there...Fantastic! Weather was nice and warm, sea a wee bit cool, but once I discovered what was in the sea, you could not drag me away!
The Coral Reef is a short bus trip from Eilat and we paid a small amount to stay there for the day, took a picnic lunch most days. I climbed the hill beyond and looked over to the Hills of Jordan and Egypt.
Food in Israel is really good with lots of variety. Lots of Bars open at night.
Cannot remember the name of the bar we frequented, but if you bought a drink before 6pm, you could have a simple meal for free!
There were bus tours to Jerusalem from Eilat and truck safaris into the desert.
Hope you have a wonderful holiday Rach1.
Went to Taba in Egypt last year and crossed the border into Eilat to spend the day there. Really nice though the beaches were much better in Taba and it was cheaper. What really suprised me about Eilat is that it is actually a divided city, Aquaba in Jordan is clearly visible and across the border. If you do go to Eilat you must take a day trip into Jordan and go to Petra it really is the most amazing place (a couple of hours drive from the border). If you cross from Israel on foot, when you get to the Jordan side there are taxi's that will take you to Petra.
If you go to Petra via Eilat, the visa into Jordan is expensive just for a day trip. When I was there in 2000, I think it was about £100. I know Petra is a wonderful place and I preferred then to "put it on hold" for another time when I could spend more time there and possibly tour Jordan.
Yours Aye, jopa
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.