Africa/Middle East Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Africa/Middle East inc.Dubai
:D Welcome back mrhappy.
Glad to hear you really enjoyed yourselves and fantastic that you have booked to go back again so soon. Your trip to the deserted beach sounds lovely, might have to do that myself when I go next week.
Thanks for letting us know how your holiday went, am looking forward to mine even more now after reading your post.
Cheers
Scruffyish :P
Hi MrHappy( great name!)
Would be interested in writing a hotel review for us? I have asked for the hotel to be added to our review pages just in case!
Mrhappy
Glad you had a good time - we love Gambia but I think it is one of those places that you have to go and see it for yourself.
You have reminded me of the beach we went to in January - Sanyian beach. Absolutely brilliant day out. You need to go by jeep really to drive along the beach. Was more or less deserted when we went - just sea,sand and palm trees :D
We went with Bob who organises trips either for fishing on his boats or to places like this beach. His businessis called something like 'Bony Bonga' and you can always find him in Churchills bar at Kotu or they will give him a message for you.
As I have said before try and get out and about if you are going to Gambia and see as much as you can 8)
Scruffyish
Hope you have a really good time in The Gambia.
We are off to Amsterdam for a few days so you will have gone when we get back.
Be sure to give us a report on your return. Hope its a good one :D
Carolyn
x
:D Hi Carolyn,
Thanks very much, we are getting really excited now!!
Hope you have a great time in Amsterdam, we are going there for my partners Birthday in October next year, he has never been before and it's been years since I was there, so will look forward to reading your report when I come home.
Thanks again for all your help and I'll be sure to let you know how it went on our return.
Cheers
Scruffyish :P
Hi SiNic,

where will you be staying when you go and how long are you there for
I have just been offered a deal to the Palma Rima hotel for £239 on 24th March this year, everything in, but I have read the reviews and they are pretty mixed. Anyone have any advice on whether I should take it, I have been told offer is open until Tuesday, and tbh the agent was brilliant last time (my first time to gambia) they have said it is "not the Hilton" it's fairley basic but very popular. Any advice would be great. We are going to Kombo Beach in early March but I would love another week in Gambia before the summer :)
:D Hi mrhappy,

I got back from a 2 week stay at the Palma Rima just before Christmas, and I wouldn't hesitate to go back. Check and see if your rooms are to be in the Pool Block, if so then Yes, I would agree with your travel agent in that it is not the "Hilton", however we stayed in room 314 for the first week of our holiday and have no complaints, ceiling fan worked, shower and toilet worked and rooms and bedding were clean. For the 2nd week we moved to a Bungalow and it was lovely with a lot more space, I think it cost us approx £70 for the upgrade, to be honest we could have happily stayed in the Pool block but we visited some friends in their Bungalow and thought it was lovely so we moved in next door to them :lol:. The hotel grounds and Pool areas are very well-maintained and staff were lovely. The hotel drink and food is expensive by Gambian standards however just walk out the gates and there are plenty of options available at a fraction of the price.
I have recently added a review of this hotel to this site and as soon as I can figure out how to upload photos I will do so!!
Hope this helps
Scruffyish
Nice, thanks very much, think I will treat the wife for her birthday then. Can't complain at that money, a couple of nights in London was going to cost me about £300 for the two of us :P
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.