Africa/Middle East Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Africa/Middle East inc.Dubai
Hi Noushkey,

I went to Mina A Salam last August and it's a fantastic hotel. I think you get the odd one criticise that it's tacky as it's purpose built but then so are the majority of attractions in Dubai. You don't visit a city with a palm shaped island built into the sea, a sail shaped hotel with underwater themed restaurant and the largest shopping mall in the world boasting a ski resort in the desert for the culture :roll: .

I wouldn't hesitate to return to the Mina A Salam and in fact would be there for my next trip given the choice but it's fully booked :( . Check some of the reviews on http://www.tripadvisor.com if you need some reassurance.

Had some friends staying at One & Only Royal Mirage and although they loved it they did say they felt we were in a better location at Mina as they were more isolated and there was a bit more building work in that area.
We stayed at the One and Only Royal Mirage(Arabian Court) in June and I can honestly say that everything about it is perfect. We visited the other 2 parts of the hotel and they looked beautiful too. Which part where you thinking about staying at? The Arabian Court was perfect for us as it was mostly couples. There were a few families there but I think The Palace would be more suited for them. The pool is magnificent and we felt like royalty the way we were treated by the staff, They could not do enough for you. Lying at the pool, they would come around with iced water and fruit and cold cloths. The whole place is beautiful. We especially enjoyed having a drink in the Rooftop Bar under the stars. One of the waiters there(sorry can't remember his name at the moment) was so nice. Everytime we walked in he came over to chat with us and always got a smile from him. You could see he was a genuinely nice person and not "put on" just for the guests. He came from Sri-Lanka and was telling us all about his family back home. If you decide to opt for Royal Mirage, I highly recommend staying at Arabian Court. You won't be disapointed.
I don't know where to stay now!! I'm so confused. I think I am reading too many reports and obviously not everyone likes the same type of holiday.

I think it's going to be between the Mina Al Salam, Al Qasr or Dar Al Masyaf or the One and Only Arabian Court.

Thanks for all your advice.
Fiona, Yes I did the review on the Jumeirah Beach hotel. I actually thought I had done a review on Arabian Court too, but obviously I haven't. It must have been on another forum I think.
well maryjo we can't have that! Another forum??? You'll have to make it up to us and give us a review as well!! :lol: Please??
Yes, OK Fiona, I will do review on Arabian Court on this forum too. Just don't know what I was even thinking about writing a review on another forum!! Infact, to show how sorry I am I will also write a review of my visit in December to Sandals Grande in St. Lucia. Hope I am forgiven! Cheers.
:rofl You know it makes sense!
The complex consists of Mina a Salam, Al Qasr and Dar Al Masyaf. Any recommendations?

I have read the Mina has more sea view rooms, the Al Qasr had bigger rooms but less sea view rooms and balconies but has a much bigger pool and the Dar is more exclusive but you have to wait for the boats to take you anywhere so would probably be more suited to honeymooners who want somewhere a little more remote.

Do you get dressing gowns and slippers or will we have to take our own?
Does anyone know it the breakfast area is non smoking? This really put us off going back to the Hilton Sharks Bay in Sharm.

Thanks
We stayed at Mina A Salam and i'd highly recommend it. Al Qasr and the Dar Villas have their fans too, it seems the whole complex is superb so wherever people stay they seem to say that's the best!

The villas are low rise so i guess you don't get the views but all have a butler (if that's your thing). Al Qasr rooms are slightly bigger than Mina A Salam but i spoke to somebody who'd stayed at both and said Al Qasr is only slightly better and it really wasn't worth the extra expense.

I liked the fact that Mina A Salam is closest to the Souk so you can walk without having to wait for an Abra (though you can get one just for the fun of it). The pool at Mina A Salam is small but has a v nice bar/cafe and was never over busy - you can also use Al Qasr pool if you prefer. All of the properties supply gowns, slippers and gorgeous toiletries.

I never noticed anyone smoking at the breakfast buffet (which is fabulous by the way - you'll double in size!). I can't remember if we were asked if we wanted smoking/non smoking or if the whole restaurant was non smoking but we never had a problem and i'm very anti-smoking when i eat.
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.